chapter 11 - Ted

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.

Day One

Night - Street

On the street that led to the Summers house, the Scoobies were walking together.

"You don't know what you're talking about," Xander told them.

"Xander, he was obviously in charge," Zoey told him.

"He was a puppet," Xander told them. "She was using him."

"He didn't seem like the type of guy who would let himself be used," Willow told him.

"Well, that was her genius," Eric told them. "He didn't even know he was playing second fiddle." He turned to take his girlfriend by the hand. "Buffy."

"Huh?" Buffy asked.

"Who was the real power?" Eric asked. "The Captain, or Tennille?"

"Um..." Buffy trailed off. "Who are these people?"

"The Captain and Tennille?" Carmen asked. "Boy, somebody was raised in a culture-free environment."

"I'm sorry," Brooke told them. "I was just..."

"Thinking?" Alice suggested.

"No, not thinking," Brooke answered. "Having a lot of happy non-thoughts. I love it when things are quiet around here."

Brady nodded. "Yeah. With Spike, Drusilla and Bianca out of the way, we've really been riding the mellow. And I am really jinxing the hell out of us by saying that."

Alice smiled in amusement. "Yeah. But we'll let you off this time."

They turned down the walk to the Summers house.

"So, we're pretty sure that there're not more Tarakan assassins coming our way?" Willow asked.

"Wyatt and Angel's sources say the contract's off," Zoey answered. "How are Wyatt and Angel? By the way? I mean, after everything that went down with Spike, Drusilla and Bianca?"

"Wyatt's dealing with the fact that his brother wouldn't give up on trying to kill me and his friends to make him go insane until he was nearly killed by you, Zoey," Brooke answered.

Zoey smirked.

Carmen smiled. "Angel's getting better."

"And you're loving playing nursemaid?" Willow asked.

"Oh, yeah," Carmen answered.

"So, is it better than playing naughty stewardess?" Brady asked.

"Brady..." Alice trailed off.

Brady chuckled. They climbed the steps to the porch. Buffy got out her key and reached up to put it in the door lock. When she pushed on it to insert it the door just swung in. She stared in, concerned to find the door unlocked.

"You guys wait here a second," Buffy told them.

Brooke, Brady and Buffy slowly walked in and looked around.

Inside - Living Room

The Summers siblings walked in, looking around, hearing a glass fall and break in the kitchen.