chapter 22 - Becoming, Part 2

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.

Same Night - Same Scene

Day One

Night - Sunnydale High School - Library

Buffy, Brooke, Brady, Alice, Carmen and Wyatt ran into the library, looking around the damage, seeing Kendra and Sofia lying dead on the floor, seeing Zoey, Layla, Eric, Willow and Xander unconscious on the floor, all running to check on them. Alice remained standing, looking around worriedly for her father, but couldn't find Giles.

Police officers walked in, aiming guns at them. "Freeze!"

Buffy, Brooke, Alice, Carmen, Brady and Wyatt looked at the officers, seemingly caught red-handed.

"Put your hands up," Officer 1 told them. "Back away from everyone slowly."

They did as told.

"Look, we didn't do anything," Brooke told them.

"Do it, now!" Officer 2 told them.

Officer 3 holstered his gun, crouching down to feel for Kendra and Sofia's pulses but couldn't find them. "These two are dead."

"What about the others?" Officer 4 asked.

Buffy looked toward where Eric was unconscious, walking closer worriedly. "Eric..."

The officers held them back.

"Get them out of here," Officer 1 told them.

"Wait," Alice told them. "Just see if they're okay. Please."

Knowing they didn't have much of a choice at the moment, Buffy, Brooke, Alice, Carmen, Brady and Wyatt let themselves be led out by the officers.

Hallway

The officers led them out.

"Please," Carmen told them. "You don't understand."

"You'd do well to keep your mouths shut," Officer 1 told them.

Snyder walked down the hall with two more officers.

"But we didn't do anything," Brady insisted.

"Why do I find that so very hard to believe?" Snyder asked.

Officer 2 nodded to the other officers. "In there. You know these guys?"

Snyder nodded. "Buffy, Brooke and Brady Summers. Alice Giles. Carmen Chase. Wyatt Pratt. If there's trouble, they and Zoey Francis are behind it."

"You stupid little troll," Wyatt told him angrily. "You have no idea."

Snyder ignored him. "Attitude problems. Serious."

"Look, we just wanna know if our friends are okay," Buffy told them.

"All right, that's enough," Officer 1 told them.

The officers started to handcuff them.

"Carmen," Brooke told her.

Carmen got the hint, using her power to freeze the officers and Snyder before they could be arrested. They all started to run. The others unfroze when Carmen was far away from them. The officers aimed their guns.