chapter 5 - Reptile Boy

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.

Day One

Night - Summers House - Buffy's Room

The Scoobies were gathered, watching a movie. Weird Hindi music and singing was coming from the TV. Willow sat on the floor, letting the girls braid her hair.

"Is she dying?" Brooke asked.

"I think she's singing," Buffy told them.

"To a telephone in Hindi," Xander told them.

Eric frowned. "Now that's entertainment."

The Hindi woman on TV danced around the room while singing into the phone.

"Why is she singing?" Zoey asked.

"She's sad because her lover gave her twelve gold coins," Alice explained. "But then the wizard cut open the bag of salt. And now the dancing minions have nowhere to put their big maypole... fish thing."

Xander didn't follow any of that. "Uh-huh. Why is she singing?"

"Her lover?" Brady asked. "I thought that was her chiropractor."

"Because of that thing he did with her feet?" Willow asked. "No, that was personal."

"Hmm," Zoey hummed sarcastically. "And we thought just because we didn't have any money or anyplace to go this would be a lackluster evening."

"I know," Eric told them. "We could go to the Bronze and sneak in our own tea bags and ask for hot water."

"Hop off the outlaw train, Eric," Xander told him sarcastically. "Before you land us all in jail."

"I, for one, am giddy and up," Buffy told them. "There's a kinda hush all over Sunnydale."

Brooke nodded in agreement. "No demons or vampires to slay. We're here with our friends..."

Brady watched the TV. "So, how does the water buffalo fit in again?"

Carmen shook her head.

Delta Zeta Kappa Fraternity House - Outside

The camera panned along the grass, then up to the house, to the balcony. A girl named Callie crashed through the glass door, rolling over the balcony railing, not hesitating to drop to the ground below. A fraternity brother in a dark hooded robe rushed out onto the balcony after her, seeing that she jumped, quickly going back inside. Callie stood, apparently not hurt in the fall, running as fast as she could. Five brothers, all wearing robes, came streaming out of the house after her. Callie ran into the trees, looking around for which way to go, making tracks for the wall to the north. Just as she reached it, she tripped, falling, but quickly got back up, climbing a low tree branch, jumping over the wall, shimmying over the top, dropping down the other side into the cemetery. The brothers followed her one by one over the wall.

Cemetery

Callie ran as fast as she could through the cemetery, as the brothers gave chase.

One of the brothers, Richard, was waiting ahead of her, making her run into him and scream. "Callie! Callie, where're you going? The party's just getting started."