chapter 10 - What's My Line, Part 2

Into every generation, there are Chosen Ones. A Slayer will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. With each Slayer comes a Guardian. They are protectors of the innocent.

Same Day - Same Scene

Day One

Morning - Alley

Buffy, Brooke, Alice and Carmen faced off with Kendra and Sofia, ready to continue their fight.

"Okay, one more time," Buffy told them. "You're the who?"

"I'm de Slayer," Kendra answered. "Sofia is de Guardian."

"Nice cover story," Brooke told them. "But here's a tip. You might wanna try it on people who are not the real Slayer and Guardians."

"You can't stop us," Sofia told them. "Even if you kill us, other Slayer and Guardian will be sent to take our place."

"Could you stop with the Slayer and Guardian thing?" Carmen asked. "Alice and Brooke are the Guardians. Buffy's the Slayer."

"Nonsense!" Kendra told them. "Dere is but one Slayer, and I am she. One Guardian came before Sofia to train her to be the one she is now."

Carmen tried to freeze Kendra and Sofia, but was unable to. "I can't freeze them. They're telling the truth."

"Okay," Alice told them. "A scenario. You back off, we'll back off. But you promise not to go all wiggy until we can go to our Watcher, my father, and figure this out."

"Wiggy?" Sofia repeated.

Buffy nodded. "You know. No kick-o, no fight-o."

Kendra and Sofia exchanged a look, considering, nodding to each other, relaxing, crossing their arms.

"We accept your scenario," Sofia told them.

"So, you were sent here?" Brooke asked.

"Yes," Sofia answered. "By the Guardian who trained me and our Watcher."

"To do what, exactly?" Carmen asked.

"To do our duty," Kendra answered. "We are here to kill vampires."

Willy's Bar - Backroom

The camera panned from the window over to the cage. The sunlight had advanced past the cage door, and was only about three feet from the far wall. Angel was crouched in the far corner, cowering, trying not to be burned alive, looking up at the light coming through the window.

 Slayers and Guardians ∞

Sunnydale High School - Library

Buffy, Brooke, Alice and Carmen had brought Kendra and Sofia to Zoey, Willow, Brady, Eric, Wyatt, Giles and Layla in the library. Kendra and Sofia stood at attention. Giles and Wyatt were pacing. Buffy, Brooke, Brady and Alice sat on the stairs. Zoey leaned on her chair with her left hand, having her right hand on her hip. Carmen and Brady were sitting at the table. Layla was standing, watching.

"And your Watcher is, i-is Sam Zabuto, you say?" Giles asked.

"Yes, sir," Sofia answered.

"We've never met, but he, he's, he's very well-respected," Giles told them.