Round 1 : a fierce battle

Ash's oppoent sent out the metagross. It was the final stage of belidum.(I don't know how to spell it).

Ash knew his infernape would be an excellent choice against it due to its type advantages.

"Infernape I choose you" shouted Ash as he tossed infernape's Poke ball.

"Nape nape" said infernape(I will try my best)

"Alright let's go" said Ash 

His opponent shouted at his Metagross to use metal claw. Metagross' front legs grew silver and it charged towards infernape.

"Counted it will Mach punch" shouted Ash.

As Metagross came closer and closer and even closer, infernape held his arm back and prepared to thrust it forward as hard as he could.When Metagross was just one metre away, infernape swung. Metagross immediately counter with metal claw and they both stood still and tensed their muscle to prepare to over powered each other.

Finally, both Pokemon couldn't hold any more and were both thrust bach. Smoke covered the areana.Ash shielded his hand over his eyes so that the dust wouldn't fly into them.

When the smoke cleared, both Pokemon were covered with dust and injuries.

"Are you okay" asked Ash at his royal partner. Infernape nodded his head.

"Pi Pi pika Pi" cheered pikachu(I know you can do this)

Infernape noded once more before turning at Metagross, who was also covered in injuries.

"What an impressive show of power from both pokemon, usually it takes a few moves for each Pokemon to be tired"rated Mr Goodshow.

"Infernape, flame thrower full power" shouted Ash

"Iron defence" his opponents said.

Metagross' body turned steel like for a second and when flamethrowever hit, Metagross was still standing due to its raised defence.

"Meteor mash"shouted his oppoent.

"Dig" shouted Ash.

Infernape dug underground and escaped meteor mash.

"Use flame blitz" said Ash. The was a hole where infernape dug down and Metagross was on top of it. The flames burst through the hole and caused huge smoke to cover the field once again.

When the smoke cleared, Metagross has fainted.

The referee blew his whistle and announced Ash's victory.