Chapter 2

I was on my third episode when I got a text from Davina asking if I had the science notes. I then take a picture of them and send them to her, and she sends me a praying hands emoji. The stupid thing about high school is pop quizzes, and the silly thing about our school is we get them on the second day.

I did miss my friends from my old school, and it felt like yesterday I was there and we were either having a crazy lunch or yelling at each other. I wondered how things were without me there and how Benyamin felt no having me around.

He and I only started dating two weeks ago, but we occasionally talked at school. Him asking me out was out of the blue, but he'd never do anything to hurt me.

           Suddenly an unknown number texts me, and I've seen a lot of crime shows and teen dramas to know I was about to be murdered. I then grabbed my hair straightener and looked around. Then it came to my mind that maybe I should read the text first before jumping conclusions.

I jump to conclusions faster than any carnival ride your could imagine. I picked up my phone, and it was Ryan I guess Davina gave him my number. He asked if had a good first day and if I was adjusting well.

It was sweet as fuck that he wanted to know how my day went boys take notes girls always want to be asked if they're ok. I told him he's and he told me to send him a picture for contact photo, and he would do the same.

A picture of me. Me Josie Marabell. A picture of me of me actually looking good. Well, I'm screwed.

I looked like a burnt potato and not the sweet kind, but I managed to find a good picture off one of my friend's Instagram. I had to crop them out cause I wanted his eyes on me not the prettier girl.

He then sent one of him on the beach, and of course, he was wet and not wearing a shirt. The fact he didn't play sports has to be some lie cause he has the abs I mean body for it.

"Josie mom said... what the fuck are you doing he says as I had left the picture of Ryan on my phone out and I was searching him up on my computer.

"You're supposed to knock there's literally a small sign to knock!" I yell, and he laughs at me.

"That's not Benyamin did you guys break up," he asks, and I vigorously shake my head.

"Then why are you looking up that guy," he says and I needed to come up with something believable but not stupid.

"He's gay, and I am trying to get him with my friend Bryce from my old school," I say, and he's done asking questions.

"Dinner is ready," he says and closes the door, and I make sure he's out of sight.

           I sit down to eat, and my dad asks if I like Creekside and nodded and told them about my day.

"Josie has gay friends there," my brother says chuckling and I give him a dirty look.

"Better than you having a boyfriend," my dad says still disapproving of Benyamin and me. My mom didn't trust him for some reason it was nice that they cared and wanted to protect me but I can defend myself.

We changed the topic to go to see a movie this weekend together as a family it was our family tradition. However, there was nothing good, so I decided to tell them I had plans with my new friends.

"So quick you've just met them how do you know you can trust them," my mom says, and I do realize that she had a point. But I'd get to know them over time which wouldn't be so hard.