Chapter 25

I was heartbroken and felt betrayed and suddenly I couldn't breathe.

Oh no.

I ran up the stair and I slam my room door and suddenly I couldn't see. I could feel my tears on my face. I'm taking deep breaths and trying to feel the things around me.

I hear my phone ringing and it feels loud to me so I cover my ears. After a few minutes I look around.

I pick up my phone and see that Ryan was the one trying to call me.

As I was about to throw my phone across my room I kept my calm and set my phone down and went to eat breakfast.

"Josie is Issac your boyfriend?" My boyfriend asked and I almost laugh.

"I'm not his type" I say and my mom and I exchange looks.

           I texted my group chat with Stasia, Issac,. I told them about Ryan kissing Nina and they send me revenge ideas.

"I just need a guy who's not going to hurt me" I tell them and they don't respond.

There was that Anthony guy from the football game. But I heard he had a new girlfriend now. Maybe being single wasn't so bad. I could spend more time focusing on myself.

I was helping my mom cook dinner while my brother and my dad were setting up the table.

"Sweetie can you hand me the seasoning" my mom asks and I hand it to her and she seasons the chicken.

My family goes all out for Thanksgiving we have Turkey, Ham, Chicken, Meatballs, Spaghetti, Mashed Potatoes Corn, Green Peas, Bread, and Lasagna.

The food lasts us for at least a month and whenever we didn't eat by then we'd give it to the homeless.

After spending hours in the kitchen my mom and I finished cooking. I smelt like food so I went to take a shower.

I then grabbed my speaker and played my breakup playlist. I tried to forget everything about Ryan.

Even though we weren't in a relationship he made me feel something in my heart.

           After I shower I put on my skinny jeans and a maroon crop top. I then decided to braid my hair to the side.

I walk to dinner and cause it's still light outside my mom takes pictures of me for my Instagram.

We use a tripod to take family pictures and then we sit at the dining table.

"So Josie how's High School treating you?" My mom asks and I almost choke.

"It's fine I guess. I've made a lot of new friends" I tell her and continue to eat my food.

"Son how's college you met any nice girls"

"Richard" my mom says and my dad laughs.

"Well I've been doing well with my classes I have mid terms coming soon. Also sorry mom but to answer dad's question yes I've met a girl. Her name is Alexa by she likes Lexa better. We're only friends though so it's not serious" my brother says boosting at how successful and happy he is.

While there's me.

Unhappy.

Unsuccessful.

"Well good for you son Josie how are the grades"

"Good the lowest I have is a 76 in Language Arts but my teacher needs to add some grades" I say and he and my mom smile at how lucky they are to have kids like us.

Too bad they don't know the smile I wear is fake.

"Josie how's your relationship status as a mom I want to know these things. Even having a crush counts for something" she tells me.