Chapter 34

I asked Stasia if she wanted to go but she told me she wanted to watch this new Netflix movie and catch up on some shows. Isaac was in the hospital and I didn't really want to bother anyone else so I invited Dylan.

His brother dropped us off and told him to call him and if we needed him he'd be with Stasia. My heart warmed how come sweet guys only come in every full moon.

"Dylan would you ever not wear something with a sleeve?" I ask him as we walk into the mall. He shakes his head and I roll my eyes. I look down at my shoes and then at his shoes.

"I'm buying you some new vans," I tell him before he has time to argue with me. We walk into a shoe store and we look around for 15 minutes until he sees a pair he likes.

Of course, they were black but then he decided on a black and blue pair and I bought a black and white pair and checkerboard slip on vans. Before you try to call me rich or anything it's money I got for good grades.

Dylan could use the shoes and clothes more than I could and I was fine with it. Besides Isaac and him have been "training" which meant Isaac made Dylan exercise and eat more. He told me that Dylan's gained at least 4 pounds. 

Ryan texts me and I tell him I'm with Stasia so he doesn't go off on Dylan. I know that lying is bad for a relationship but I'm scared of how he'll react. Besides Dylan doesn't even like me like that considering that only yesterday we kissed. 

           We go to Abercombie and Fitch and look for some shirts for him and he whines.

"Josie no more stores I'm tired," he tells me and I ignore him.

"Dylan it's like 1,000 degrees in this mall take that jacket out," I tell him and he shakes his head.

"I won't judge you and if anyone tries to then I'll simply fight them," I tell him and he shrugs.

"I'm just not comfortable cause I feel like I just don't belong in this world and this crowd," he says and then we sit on the floor. I look at him wearing a black sweatshirt and then he begins to remove it.

"Wait I don't want you to do something you're not comfortable with doing," I tell.

"But then what's the point of life," he says and removes it revealing a white t-shirt. It was one of those shirts you get at the dollar store to put designs on. I looked at him and then at his arms and his fading scars. 

"I feel different," he says and I laugh and push my fingers through his hair and then we stand up I proceed to give him a hug. He hugs me back and then we text Drew but he tells us that he's comforting Stasia. 

So it meant that it was Dylan and me without a ride home so we would have to walk. Dylan tells me about why he was at the mall that one day. 

"I just wanted to get away from my house and that was as far as I got" he reveals.

"Well I've never had a reason to run away but I understand what it feels like to want to get away from everything," I tell him as we cross the street. 

"You okay?" He asks after I feel a little tire holding shopping bags and walking for 45 minutes. I sit on a sidewalk bench and he tells me that I could get on his back.

"Dylan I couldn't fit I'm too fat and we only have like a few more miles left," I tell him and he then gives me the bags to hold and then hoists me on his back. I was terrified that he wouldn't have the strength and that we'd fall into the road.

But he managed to continue walking even with me on his back and he didn't complain. Honestly, Dylan could be my soulmate if I ever thought about it. But he and I wouldn't go that far in our friendship.

We decided to go to my house cause it was closer and no one was home so it was just him and I.