Chapter 43

Today was Valentine's Day and I stayed up all night wondering what to give Ryan he and I have been dating for almost two months and no one suspected a thing. Of course I was going to find a way to tell Dylan but for now our relationship has been kept a secret. But since Winter break Dylan has changed enormously he and Isaac exercise together he's more open now and he fixed his Instagram feed. Not that it matters but it's still a good thing.

"Hey Josie Happy Valentine's Day" Isaac says as he hands me a bag of candy. He smiles at me and then walks off without even letting me thank him.

"Wow Josephine getting candy from someone who's not Ryan maybe I should tell him" a voice belonging to the one and only Nina.

"You jealous" I say facing her.

"No why would I be jealous of you" she says and turns to walk away but there was no way in hell I was going to let her have the last word.

"Because Ryan is mine and not yours" I say and hear her take an audible gasp and turn around.

"What the fuck you just say" she says and walks towards me. For some reason I was ready to fight this bitch.

"Ryan is mine and I would tell you to come at me but Ryan already did" I say and she pushes me. I then push her back and she falls to the ground and then gets back up and tries to tackle me. I try to hit her but I miss and she hits me in the face which really pissed me off. I grabbed her fake ass blonde hair and pulled it and then tried to pick her up. She got the upper hand and pushed me to the ground and shoved me into a locker. The next few seconds were a blur but I did hear some people yelling and cheering and telling us to stop.

I felt familiar hands touch me and I turned to see my dad pulling me off Nina while Dale pulled Nina off of me. My dad yelled for everyone to get back to class and told Nina to come with us to his office. I knew I was going to be trouble but it was worth it someone had to teach her a lesson.
           The walk to my dad's office was quiet and Nina and I snuck glances at each other several times. He sat us down in front of his desk and then took a seat and looked at us.

"Why were you two fighting?" He calmly asks and then Nina and I both look each other.

"It wasn't real it was a fake fight" I say without thinking it through.

"It's this true?" My dad asks Nina and I already know she's going to sell me out.

"Yes ... we were trying to make my ex upset and it worked" she adds and we both nod in agreement.

"Well normally I would have to report this to the deans but since it wasn't real I'll let it slide just this once but this better have only been a one time thing" my dad says and we both nod.

"You can go back to class you stay here" my dad says as Nina grabs her stuff and leaves.

He gives me the dad look and shakes his head but then he laughs.

"I'm your dad I've been able to tell when you lie a long time ago but I'm proud you won your first fight" he says and I laugh and flex my non existent muscles.

"But as a gym teacher your punishment will be to run on the treadmill when you get home" he says and I nod and give him a quick hug and walk back to class.

           Most people heard about the fight and apparently there was a video but I didn't care I felt like a badass bitch and it feels good. Ryan kept asking why we fought but I didn't want to tell him. Dylan asked if I was okay and Stasia jokingly asked me when she and I were going to fight.

By the end of the way I was annoyed with it but I could care less and my brother was with his girlfriend and my dad had to stay afterschool for a conference so I had to get a ride from Dylan's dad.

He and I were awkwardly sitting in the back while Drew and his dad talked. Thank god it was a Friday tonight was the sweetheart dance. I was excited to wear this dress I saw on Pinterest.
"Are you going to the dance tonight?" He asks me and I nod and I wonder if he's going too.

"You?" I ask and he nods.

"I'm probably just gonna go with Isaac" he says and I giggle.

"I ship it you guys have been spending a lot of time together" I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Totally we've been dating since last year last night he proposed" he says and we both laugh.

"Get it son my advice to you is that you find someone to love that will make you happier and not break your heart whether it be a guy or girl" his dad says.

"Dad" Dylan exclaims.

"Your mother and I will love you both no matter who you choose to love" his dad says and it made my heart warm.

"Isaac isn't the one the one I want" he silently says.

"Who?" I ask and he looks at me.

"Her name is Eliza we met when Isaac and I were at the gym and she's perfect" he says and for some that made me a little upset. I don't know why it did but it affected me in a way.

"Well here you are Josie have a good day" his dad says and thank him for the ride and grab my keys and open my house. It was weird hearing Dylan talk about this Eliza girl who I'd never heard of.

But I decided to set that aside and get some water and watch some TV tonight was going to be the best night.

Hopefully.