Chapter 18

So many questions flew into my mind. He was texting me all these things about being sorry and missing me. Me being desperate believed him or wanted to.

I fell for his trap once again.

I decided to go to someone I trusted more than anything.

My dad.

Even though he's busy telling our team their next play. I walk onto the field and walk to him.

"Sweetie what's wrong?. Guys run the plan and make sure to get Ablen the ball" he tells them and he and I walk off the field and he tells the assistant coach to monitor.

We go to the old bleachers and sit and talk.

"Dad I feel like I'm changing or I've grown up too fast" I say.

"I mean of course you've grown sweetie it's part of life I mean look at your old man I'll be hitting 50 soon" he says and we both laugh.

"No but soon I'll be going to college and I'll be away from home" I say and begin to ramble on.

"Josie what are you really worried about?" He asks.

"Finding the perfect guy who's not going to hurt me if a guy like that exists" I confess.

"Oh the boy talk well I'd probably talk to your mother about this topic but I'll give it a try. Well in life they're are two types of people. The people we want to be with and the people who we should be with. Most guys don't have the right intentions but you might want them anyway. The guys with good intentions are usually the ones that you don't want but need".

"What are you saying that instead of going for a guy I should wait for the right one to come to me?" I ask and he slowly nods.

Who even was the perfect guy if he's even out there. Instead of waiting for the game to finish I had my mom pick me up early.

Lately it fills like I'm piled up with drama or boy drama. There was only thing that would help me.

It was Netflix.

But for some reason my wifi didn't want to work. My data was put on hold until next week. Was this supposed to be my wake up call.

"Josie I'm going out if you need anything Eric is in his room" my mom tells me.

The only thing I could use for entertainment was the apps on my phone but I got bored after a while.

Then I had an idea steal my neighbors's wifi. So I went outside and sat on my porch hoping their free wifi would go to me.

But it didn't which meant it was 8:40 on a Friday night and I had nothing to do.

I knew I could always go to Dylan and Drew's house. But I should've just stayed at the game.

I decided to just go on a walk around my neighborhood. I plugged my headphones in my phone and began to play a song.

The song "You don't know" by Katelyn Tarver begins to fill my ears. As I begin to just take a walk.

I use the time to reflect on my school year so far.

The people I've met and the person I've become. The grades I've gotten and the things I've done and said.

It was around 10 when I looked at the time. I ended up getting wifi so I texted my parents and told them I was exercising.

I was looking at my phone when something hit me. I looked and saw Ryan sitting on his porch.

"Hey I missed you when you left it was boring with Nina she kept trying to ask me questions about you" he said and laughed.

"Sorry I wasn't feeling good but I'm feeling a lot better" I said walking towards him.

"Josie can we talk and I mean really talk about us?" He asks me.

"What about us"

"How do you feel about me"

"Oh well I think you're sweet and special" I say and he smiles at me.

"But I also think that you have the cutest eyes. You make me feel butterflies in my stomach and I want to see if we could be more than friends. And I-" I'm cut off when Ryan decides to kiss me.

This time I didn't spit on him instead I kiss him back. He slips his hand into mine and then we look at each other.