Chapter 12

We were in the stands and we got a good seat, really near the court so it'll be easy for us to watch the match. One of V's friend, Caleb was also with us, a cute blonde guy, thankfully he was a basketball freak unlike us so he told us a few things.

When our team came in, the crowd roared. Guys were walking in with full confidence, I recognized Rayn and Dylan on the team and then he walked in. I saw Jay was looking around the stands, when his eyes fell on me, he smiled and I smiled back and showed him a thumbs up for good luck and he nodded at me.

V shrieked "OMG he smiled at you, you guys are couple goals", I just rolled my eyes at her. Caleb asked "your boyfriend is on the team". "No, she likes to exaggerate everything, he's just a friend" I told him. "Okay shush now, the match's about to begin" V said.

From the very beginning the game was really intense. Every time Jayson scored; I was up on my feet cheering for him. It was so great to look at him play, he was passionate about it and he had the skills as well. As the halftime approached the opponent team caught up with us and now the scores were equal.

The whistle was blown to tell that the first half was complete and there will be break for a few minutes. Both the teams went to their locker rooms with their coaches. "Caleb what do you think, will our team win" I asked. "I can't say for sure; I mean initially it looked like they will but the other team caught up really well" he answered. "Well let's hope that our team wins" V said. I really wish we do win because Jayson and the whole team worked really hard and it's his first match at this level, I thought.

Soon the half time was over and the teams were back playing. After so long Rayn scored a point. It felt like people got their fuel back, everybody cheered for them. After Rayn's score, our team was back in their form. They took every opportunity and a lot of points were scored. On the last-minute Jayson scored a three pointer and our team won.

Everybody was on their feet cheering and shouting their names. I was so happy for him and his team. V took us near the boy's locker room to congratulate the guys. When we met with him, I was so excited I jumped into his arms and shouted "you won, you won".

He started laughing and spun me around making me giggle as well. I was so happy at that very moment that I forgot about everybody else, until there were loud noises of people clearing their throats.

He put me back down, I was blushing and he was just laughing. "Guys you won, congrats" I said sheepishly to them and gave them high fives. When it was Dylan's turn, he did not raise he his hand instead gestured for a hug. When I didn't do anything, he said "what, he got a hug I want one too".

I scrunched my nose "nope you are sweaty and smelly go clean yourself up first". "That's not fair he's also sweaty" he said. I smirked "but he doesn't stink like you" and everybody including Jay laughed at him. He pouted "you hurt me baby girl". I just laughed at his childish behaviour. "Come on guys, let's go get freshened up so that we can head to the party" Rayn said. All the guys cheered and followed him inside except Jayson.

"There's a party at Rayn's place to celebrate our win, would you like to join us" Jay asked. "I don't think I should, I mean it's going to be just your team members" I said although I really wanted to go. "No there's going to be a lot of other people too and you can bring V as well, please come" he insisted. I agreed to go with him, "great, I'll be out in five minutes then I'll take you both there" he said.

V was already invited by Rayn so I didn't need to ask her. I texted Liam, that I'm going to party with the guys and V and told him that I'll be home late so he and Becky have the house to themselves. He replied in a while - "okay, but please take care and don't be too late". I quickly replied back "yes boss".