Chapter 33

I have lived the life span of almost two humans and I have never been this happy ever. Being with my mate has made feel the content I spent centuries looking for. Time is passing by; it was new year before we were over our Christmas.

We are back to college, although it is the stressful time now. We all have the load of assignments and exams; I don't really care about all this but it's important time for Jay and V so I am trying my best to keep them motivated and not distract them.

V and Daniel are going strong, we have warmed up a little more to him now. There is always a nagging thought at the back of my head when it comes to him but I am trying to neglect it because he has been really good towards my best friend, also Piero couldn't find anything on him yet.

He always hangs out with us, at college and sometimes even after that and I don't mind it because that way I get to keep an eye on V, don't get me wrong it's just really hard for me to trust new people and V and Jay are humans entering the lycan world, they need to be protected until they can do it themselves.

To start the process, we have started training Jay with my brother. Nothing could prepare you to fight a lycan better than training with the future lycan king. Liam wanted me to do this but I can't, I would always be too worried to hurt him.

My brother is the one who I trust the most after myself to keep my mate safe so there is no one better than him to do this but I still warned him a million times to be careful. Jay is not a lycan, if he gets hurt, he would not heal in a blink. They both are taking it slow, twice every week. This also gives me some time to train and I have been forcing Becky to train with me, she is still not fan though.

It was Saturday evening and we just ended our training session. Becky and I were preparing dinner when Piero walked in our house. He greeted me and Becky and asked to talk to me. "Can it wait Piero" I asked him but Becky intervened, "it's okay Enna we're almost done here anyway". I nodded at her and gestured Piero to join me on the dining table.

He started "I was looking into all the information we've about Pablo and I found something very odd". I was already on alert hearing his name, Jay walked to us and kissed my cheek and sat next to me, Li and Becky also joined us and served food.

"Enna you haven't dropped this Daniel case till now, we literally hang out with that dude everyday don't you think we would've noticed something by now" Becky said to me slightly upset. "I know Becks, I'm sorry but there's this nagging feeling in my head that won't let me trust him" I said.

"And see Piero has something on him finally, please tell us what it is" I asked Piero. He nodded and continued, "although Daniel has been living in California before us but he travelled a lot before you moved here. First I didn't pay attention to this because I thought it could've been because of any reason".

"But then I saw the pattern. He has visited all the countries that you've lived in and he always visited them while you were there. Like when you were in France for two years, he did back and forth between here and there for whole two years and the last time he was there was the last week you were planning to move".

"The pattern's exactly same, wherever you've been in the past decade, he has been there and when you moved here, he didn't go out of the country even once". A fire started burning in me, "I'll end him" I growled.

"You can't just kill him he is V's mate Amore" Jay said and grabbed my hand. "I don't care, I'll find her a better person to be with" I hissed at my mate. "Enough Enna, you won't do anything like that" Becky shouted. "You can't kill him based on such little information, give the guy a chance to explain himself".

"What if you find out he was innocent after you end him because of momentarily anger, how will you forgive yourself for ruining V's life" she said angrily. My brother was sitting quietly, I looked at him hoping at least he would understand my side.