Chapter 20

The moment I started walking away I broke down. Tears were flowing down my face; it was hard to breathe. Every step I took forward felt so heavy, like I was dragging so much weight with me. I used to think that the worst thing in my life is to not know my mate but I was wrong. The worst thing is seeing your mate afraid of the monster you are.

I wanted to scream, to let it out how much it was hurting me. The image of him holding a knife was not getting out of my mind and I don't think it will ever. I was just walking on the roadside, teary faced and lost in my own thoughts.

A car came by my side and it honked, I did not look who it was and moved forward. It came by my side again and I heard Jayson's voice "Amore, stop please". I turned towards him, he stopped the car and got out.

"Amore, I'm sorry I didn't want to hurt you" he said. "Go back to your house" I said and started moving away. He grabbed am arm "I'm sorry Enna, what do you expect from me, I freaked out". "I said go home Jayson" I said without even turning towards him.

My phone started buzzing in my pocket, I took it out and saw Liam was calling me, I did not answer. Then I saw numerous missed calls from Piero and Liam. Liam called me again and this time I answered, "why the fuck are you not answering your calls Sienna" he shouted.

"What happened" I asked. "We've been calling to tell you that don't leave Jayson's house now because those guys stopped following me when they saw you were not in the car and they're back to his house" he told me. "Dammit, I already left Li and Jayson came after me" I said in a panicked voice.

"What the fuck Enna, why" he shouted at me. I put the phone away from my ear and focused, I could not see any car but I could hear the sound of the engine. "Listen Liam, I can hear them, they're following us. It's time we end it. I'm leading them to the jungle you follow behind with the guards" I told him.

"But what about Jayson" he questioned. I was quite for a moment and then said "I won't let them harm him". "I know you won't but what if you have to turn" he asked. "He has to see the real me someday" I said and hung up. "What's wrong Sienna, who's following us" Jayson asked.

I was so furious at him right now for coming after me, "get in the car" I said and got in without waiting for him to say anything. He came in after a moment and asked "would you please tell me what the fuck's going on". I was getting more aggravated; it was hard to control my temper right now.

I took in a deep breath and said "just start driving towards the jungle". "I'm not moving without knowing what's going on" he said. "Why the fuck did you follow me" I shouted at him. He looked at me for a moment but did not say anything and started driving.

I called Piero, "Princess are you alright" he asked. "I'm fine Piero, are you behind us" I asked. "Yes, and the prince is right behind us in his car" he told me. "Listen to me, you and Liam need to maintain a proper distance. I don't want them to know that we know they're following us. I can't let them escape. So, make sure they don't see you or Liam coming" I said.

"Okay, I'll call prince Liam" he said and I hung up. "Amore, I freaked out, I didn't know how to react. When I found out, I couldn't even believe if it could be true. I know you're not bad, I just can't wrap my head around everything" Jayson said. I did not say anything. I understand it's not something easy to comprehend but it still feels like I was stabbed straight to my heart.

"Park the car somewhere here only" I told him. He did, before he cut the engine I said "listen to me carefully, stay close to me and no matter what happens you'll keep a distance when they find us". "I can protect myself Sienna" he said. "Not from these people" I told him. I was looking at him to know that he understands what I said, after a moment he nodded.