Chapter 36

Liam woke me up when I was crying because of another nightmare. For a moment I hoped that maybe everything else was a part of that nightmare but the emptiness and the pain I was feeling this time was too real. I got up and went downstairs, everybody was still here.

I drank some water and sat on the dining table and everybody joined me except for Cris, who was still sleeping on our couch. Everybody was silent, waiting for me to say something. I cleared the lump forming in my throat and asked in a croaked voice "tell me everything".

I held my head in my hands and waited for someone to talk. My brother started "yesterday when you left, Jayson realized what he said was wrong and sat in his car to go to you". Hearing his name wanted me to breakdown again but I held myself together and let Liam continue.

"He asked me to not come with him because he wanted to talk to you and sort things out alone and I listened to him, I'm sorry Enna, I shouldn't have" he said, I knew he was hurting too but I was not in the right state of mind to console him right now. When I didn't say anything or even look at him, he continued.

"It was a few hours later when I got a call from Piero, telling that we're under attack. I ran out as soon as he told me and started looking around for Jayson, I tried to call but I couldn't reach him. When I reached near the jungle, I found his car and his broken phone there".

"I'm sorry your highness" Piero said "there were too many of them and we could not control them. Cris and I killed some of them but they were too many, they knew we wouldn't be easy to fight with. They ripped his heart out right in front of my eyes and then they broke my neck, they said they were not allowed to kill any of us and just had the orders to bring them to him".

I looked at them, they had their heads down in shame. "What do you mean by them" I asked. Liam and Piero shared look with each other and Liam said "they took V as well". "That's how we found out, they took Jayson first and then few hours later came for Violette" said Piero.

I growled in pain and agony and smashed my fist in the glass of the table. It shattered into a million pieces. "It's all his fault" I shouted and went upstairs to that bastard. I kicked the door open; he was sitting on the bed with his head in his hand.

I grabbed his neck with my bleeding hands and pinned him to the wall, "you see what you've done" I shouted at him. He didn't dare look into my eyes and tears were falling down his face, "I'm sorry" he choked on his own words. "I want to smash your head till you stop breathing but I won't, you know why because you live with the greatest pain right now".

"Sit in this room and think how you got your own mate's life in danger and how you can't do anything about it" I said and dropped him down. I went to my room and broke everything; I was going crazy I need my mate. "Enna please stop hurting yourself" came Becky's voice from the door.

I looked at her and all I could feel was anger burning in my chest, I rushed towards her and held a broken piece of glass to her throat "how do you feel about Daniel now, sister" I hissed and she sobbed. My brother rushed in "what are you doing Enna" he shouted.

I looked at him, "she fought with me for him and she turned my mate against me" I cried, "If she wouldn't have said all that I wouldn't have left him alone, she's no better than Daniel". Liam looked at me with fury, "you know it's not her fault Sienna, hurting yourself and your family won't bring back your mate".

"But maybe her blood will control this fire burning in me, killing me from within" I hissed and pressed the glass on her skin. My brother pulled me away from her and slapped me really hard. He grabbed my hand put it on his mate's stomach, "focus" he shouted at me.

My eyes widened when I listened carefully, there was an extra heartbeat inside Becky, "you're pregnant" I whispered and she nodded. I looked at my brother and then back at her, I was so ashamed, "I'm sorry" I said and raised my hands in surrender.

I kept apologizing and sank on the floor, I can't believe what I almost did, I attacked Becky, my brother's mate, my family. She pulled me to herself and held me tight, "we'll find them Enna" she whispered softly. "I'm sorry" I cried and hugged her back. "It's okay" she said and kissed my head.

My brother pulled both of us up. He wiped the tears flowing down my face, "you're one of the strongest lycan I've ever met sorellina, I know this is really hard for you but you have to pull yourself together. Let this fire burn but don't let it consume you, we will find Jayson and V, I just need you to be strong and fight with me" he said to me.

I nodded at him and asked "what do we do". "I've sent best of our men all around the world, we're just waiting for some information. Meanwhile we're going back to Italy, everything's ready, I'm just waiting for you to be".

"Get the car ready, I'll meet you down in a minute" I said, he nodded and left the room with Becky. I took a moment to calm myself, I splashed my face with cold water. I need to find him or this fire burning in me will consume me and a lot of others will be going down with me.

When I went down, Cris was awake but he was too weak to even stand. When he saw me, his eyes went down in shame, "I'm sorry your highness" he said. I knelt down next to him and held his face in my hands but he still didn't look at me. "Look at me Cris" I ordered and he obliged.

"It's not your fault, I know you tried and I know you would've given your life for both of them without thinking twice. I don't blame you and I don't want you to do that either. I'm not very strong right now, so I need you to be strong for me" I said and he nodded at me. I gave him a tight hug and asked Piero to help him to the car.

We drove in two cars, me, Liam and Becky in ours and Cris, Piero and Daniel in another. I didn't want Daniel to come with us, I can't stand him for a minute but they all think that he deserves a chance to at least fight for his mate.

I was thankful to know that V's parents are out for holidays, if they'd be here goddess only knows how we would have explained the whole situation to them but I'll bring their daughter back to them and I'll make sure she's never in danger again.

We were there in an hour, it was our private plane. I was really anxious though because it'll take more than twelve hours to reach Italy and I don't know if I have the strength to control myself. It's horrible to sit idle, all I can do is think about the horrible things that could happen to the love of my life.

All the time we were on the flight I kept to myself, I sat alone at the last. We made Becky sleep in one of the rooms. Liam spent most his time on the phone talking to all the men he has sent around. I was straining my ears all the to time hear what they had to say but no good news came.

My brother checked on me a few times but I asked him to be with his mate, she needs him the most. Cris came and sat next to me but both of us didn't say a word. This is the first time I have ever seen him so quiet but he knew that his mere presence would be comforting to me, so he sat quietly, holding my hand into his.

Finally, we were about to land in a few minutes. Sitting in one place when your mate is kidnapped is no less than the hell. When I stepped out, the homely scent of Rome hit me. I wish so bad that Jay and V were with me right now, I'm sure they would have loved it here.

One of the guards opened the door of a car and my father stepped out. I immediately started crying and ran into his arms. "Il mio bambino (my child)" he said. Being in his arms after so long made me cry even more, "he didn't deserve to pay for my sins papa" I sobbed. He rubbed my back soothingly "I'll find your mate my princess, I promise you".

Liam and Becky also came out and met with him. I sat in the car with my father, Liam and Becky in a different one and rest of them in another one. It was about an hour drive to our home, my father asked me to rest but as the time is passing my anxiety is increasing.

I am on the verge of breaking down, I can't sit doing nothing anymore. I have to find Jayson; I need him back.

................................