Chapter 19

Jayson is proving that he is the man of his words. It's been, I don't know how many days since we've been back and he's not talking to me. During college he pretends like I am not there, he won't even look at me. I tried calling and texting but he ignores me every time.

My heart and my mind are constantly in a battle. One moment I want to run to him and tell him the whole truth, another moment I think it's good he's keeping distance and maybe I should disappear from this place to end all of this.

But I am still here, waiting for him to acknowledge my presence, I guess my mind will never be able to win any battle when it comes to him. From the moment we've been back there has not been a moment of peace. When I came to my house, Becky was so happy for me, she thought I had the perfect little holiday with my mate.

I have not said a word since I came back. Becky is constantly asking me about how everything went. "Enna, I know something went wrong, please tell me what it is" Liam asked. I looked at him, "does the name Edmund Claiborne Hunter, ring any bells". He thought for a while and then answered "yes, I think, those Claiborne's came to Italy, in the 80s". I nodded and said "Jayson's full name is, Jayson Claiborne Hunter".

His eyes widened; he opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out. I am not even going to tell him about the panic attack I had or he'll have one. "Who are Claibornes Enna" Becky asked. My eyes were locked with Li, we are much older than Becky is and there are a lot of things about me that she's not aware of. Liam looked conflicted whether to say anything or not, but I nodded at him to tell her.

He told her everything in brief, I was sitting and holding my knees to my chest. Becky did not say anything for a while, so I said "yes Becky, it's true, see my luck I've brutally killed my own mate's ancestors". "They deserved it Enna, they killed innocent wolves" Liam said defending me.

"You know very well Li how else it could have gone; I could have let the king sentence them" I said. I was feeling so lost, I was trying to focus on my breathing because it was getting harder to breath. "This is karma Li; this is all coming to me because of all the sins I've committed" I said in a whisper.

"No, Enna. I know all the choices you made were not the best but that doesn't mean you did no good. Those hunters deserved it and Jayson will understand when he knows how you protected the little innocent boy and all the innocent women of that tribe. He'll understand it once we'll tell him the whole truth" he said to me.

Becky sat next to me and pulled me in for a hug, "Enna, why do you always see yourself as the worst. Everybody makes mistake so did you but that does not define who you are. You're not the person you were before" she said softly. "Would you forgive Liam if he would have done it" I asked her.

She looked into my eyes and said "if the situation had been the same, I would have forgiven Liam, they deserved it". I could see in her eyes that she was not lying. "And I'm sure your mate will understand you as well" she smiled at me.

My phone buzzed bringing me back from my thoughts, it was Piero, one of the guards we've assigned with Jayson. I was in class but I could not ignore, it could be something important. I put my head down and answered the call, "yes". "Princess, someone's following Jayson" he said.

"What" I said loudly. "Is there any trouble Miss Castello" the teacher asked me. I got up and quickly left the class and told Piero "tell Cristofano to keep an eye on them, you meet me at the back of the parking lot and call Liam".

He was already there and Liam and Becky came just in a second. "What happened Enna" Li asked worriedly. Piero bowed down to the three of us, "tell us what you know Piero" I told him.