V.I

Setting: Demi and Cristo's House, Calabasas, CA

In southern California, nestled in the hills west of the San Fernando Valley was Calabasas, a suburban dream that was known for its chic stores, houses that cost more than the GDP of a developing country, and the Kardashians

In southern California, nestled in the hills west of the San Fernando Valley was Calabasas, a suburban dream that was known for its chic stores, houses that cost more than the GDP of a developing country, and the Kardashians. But to Demi Lovato–Ghesquiere, Calabasas had meant one thing to her since returning from her honeymoon: being woken up by the sound of grumpy construction workers who were getting paid to tear her house apart and put it back together, hence her terrible mood because what pregnant woman liked getting woken up at the crack of dawn every morning? What person in general liked to wake up that early? Oh yeah, her husband Cristo Ghesquiere.

Popping one eye open, Demi immediately closed it when she was blinded by the light shining in from the floor to ceiling windows on the west side of her bedroom, which meant that Cristo had forgotten to close the blinds before he went to sleep again. She released a frustrated groan as she tugged the covers over her head and buried herself into her Egyptian cotton sheets. All she heard was drilling and banging and birds chirping and the combination of all of those sounds was slowly driving her to the brink of insanity.

"Ma cherie," her fiancé chirped, making her groan in annoyance as she felt the bed dip down from his weight.

He slowly moved the covers away from her face but once she saw that he was holding a Canon PowerShot G7 in his hand and the red light on it was on, she took the covers back and buried her face into one of her goose feather pillows.

"Go away," she moaned as Cristo chuckled and pulled the covers away from her again.

"No, we have to capture every moment," Cristo said as Demi rolled to the other side so that she was facing away from him.

Cristo had recently taken up vlogging, something about wanting to capture every moment of their lives even though they had a filming crew that did that for him. It was all because they had attended a Beyonce and Jay Z concert while they were overseas, and Cristo loved all of the footage that they showed of their family, their vacations, their pregnancies, their marriage, etc, etc, etc. And now after receiving a few pointers from the KUWTK camera crew, Cristo faithfully carried around his camera from sun up to sun down. As long as he was awake, the camera was on and he was getting on Demi's nerves.

"Are you going to capture the moment when I beat your ass for tearing my house apart?" Demi snarkily remarked, figuring that she wasn't going to get anymore sleep because one, Cristo didn't have to work today so he was going to be set on bothering her all day and two, they had to film for the show today. Everyone had been on vacations for a while until Kim, yes Kim not Kris, sent out an email demanding that they all come back home because they needed to get back to work.

"It'll be worth it in the end ma cherie, you'll see," Cristo promised as he watched his wife finally sit up and stretch out her tired limbs, opening her mouth in a wide yawn before dropping her arms and letting her hand rub against her swollen stomach.