VI.I

Setting: Maternity Port Royal, Paris, France

After getting used to the weight and the feel of her full stomach for nearly nine months, now that the little bundle of joy that she had carried inside of her was out, she felt an odd sense of emptiness as she caressed the skin that had stretched ...

After getting used to the weight and the feel of her full stomach for nearly nine months, now that the little bundle of joy that she had carried inside of her was out, she felt an odd sense of emptiness as she caressed the skin that had stretched to accommodate her daughter and stared at the pink ceiling of the mother-baby unit of the hospital that Max had driven them to once she told Cristo that her waters had broken. Fifteen hours later – who knew it could take that long for a baby to come out? – she was alone in the room after all of the chaos that had occurred only an hour earlier. Her body had finally been ready for birth, the nurses and doctors swarmed into the room in a frenzy of scrubs and lab coats, her feet were placed in stirrups and she was instructed when to push, but it was hard. Labor was hard, and she was pretty sure she had been crying during the whole thing.

The midwife had been coaxing her and soothing her, but Cristo had shoved the camera towards her and taken her place, holding onto Demi and whispering sweet nothings into her ear, and the most beautiful moment of it all was when their baby girl was almost out, and instead of the doctor delivering her, Cristo and Demi had basically pulled her out together. She had barely even cried as she rested on her mother's chest with her father staring at her like she held the entire world in her hands. She didn't cry until one of the nurses had to take her away for testing while Demi had to deliver her placenta and get checked out after giving birth. With a kiss to the forehead, Cristo had taken his camera back from the midwife then followed the nurse that held his daughter out of the room. Then it was over. Now she was just waiting for them to come back.

The door to the deluxe suite that Cristo had requested for them to be moved to opened and Cristo stepped inside first, of course still holding his camera, but the nurse that had taken her came in after him, holding their daughter against her chest with her all swaddled up in a pink blanket with a pink hat on her head. Demi sat up a little bit, wincing at the soreness she felt all over her body as the nurse came to her side and gently placed her in her arms.

"Do we have a name for this princess?" the nurse questioned as Demi locked eyes with Cristo and he nodded.

"Muse. Muse Kristen Ghesquiere," Demi said, kissing her little nose as the nurse wrote the name down.

"Well, Muse is a perfectly healthy baby. We brought in a crib for when you want to lay her down so that you both can get some rest. These may be things you already know but a nurse will come in later on to teach you how to bathe her and change her diaper, and a lactation consultant will be in as well to teach you how to breastfeed. In the meantime, if there's absolutely anything that we can get for you, just push the button and a nurse will be right in," the nurse explained as Demi nodded but ultimately kept her eyes on Muse. She just couldn't get over the fact that she just had a baby.

"Thank you," Cristo said to the nurse before she congratulated both of them then left the room. He set the camera down on the table next to Demi's bed and sat next to her to look at their daughter.