VII.VII

Setting: Demi and Cristo's House, Calabasas, CA

It was kind of amusing to Demi that she had super dark hair and Cristo had super dark hair, yet Muse came out with lighter hair that was kind of a bronzed caramel color, almost lighter than the color of her skin but just dark enough not to be

It was kind of amusing to Demi that she had super dark hair and Cristo had super dark hair, yet Muse came out with lighter hair that was kind of a bronzed caramel color, almost lighter than the color of her skin but just dark enough not to be. After her bath, Demi had made it a habit to brush her hair through after a detangling incident that left Muse in tears for the rest of the night. So, there they were inside of what she called her "big girl bedroom," because they had let her decorate the room how she wanted when they got the recording studio downstairs renovated. It was still grey, pink, and white, but her crib was replaced with an actual bed and she had gotten all new furniture. It was the only way they could think of getting her to sleep in her own room. Demi didn't have a problem with her sleeping in between them, but Cristo thought that she needed to learn how to sleep on her own, which prompted the redecoration of her room.

"Mommy?" Muse asked in her cute little voice as Demi continued to run the wide toothed comb through her wet ringlets.

"Yes?"

"Daddy's not here," she stated, but Demi knew she meant to say it as a question.

Demi had been going back and forth for days about what to tell Muse but how could she explain to her three year old that she had thrown her father out of the house because he was a cheating bastard and Demi didn't want to see him? The only reason why she had stayed at American Girl with them was because Muse threw a fit in the car about just being with Cristo, but to spare his feelings Demi hadn't said anything about it and just insisted on tagging along with them. Just being around him today made her skin crawl and her entire body ache, because for some odd reason her head and her heart were just not on the same frequency. How could she love Cristo but hate him at the same time?

"No, he's not," Demi said, continuing to comb through Muse's hair.

"Why?"

"You know how sometimes when you do something bad I have to put you in timeout?" Demi asked, starting a French braid at the top of her scalp as Muse nodded. "Well, daddy is kind of in a time out. He did something bad so he has to be in time out for a little while."

"When is it over?"

"I don't know yet. We'll see. Does that make sense?" Demi questioned, causing Muse to nod again as she hugged her stuffed Elsa doll to her chest.

"Can I sleep in your bed tonight?" Muse asked as Demi tied the end of her braid with a rubber band.

"Can you sleep in my bed tonight? What's wrong with yours?"

"Nothing, but yours is better," Muse giggled as she turned around in Demi's lap and wrapped her arms around her neck.

"I guess you can sleep in my bed tonight," Demi said as she picked her up and carried her out of her room.