VII.IX

Setting: Trey's House, Hidden Hills, CA

The glowing alarm clock on the marble nightstand next to the king-sized guest bed in Trey's house said that it was 5:54 in the morning

The glowing alarm clock on the marble nightstand next to the king-sized guest bed in Trey's house said that it was 5:54 in the morning. The blinds were closed so it's not like Demi could see if the sun was close to rising yet. All she knew was that she had a massive headache, and despite the fact that she wasn't wearing the same clothes she had on yesterday, her body felt sticky and disgusting. With a low groan, Demi rolled out of bed and trudged out of the room to the bathroom down the hall. Of course, Trey would put her in the one guest room that didn't have a bathroom.

She fumbled around in the darkness for a bit before flicking the light on, flooding the bathroom with a harsh light that caused her to wince as she basically dragged herself over to the shower and turned the hot water on. It only took her a few seconds to strip out of the New York Giant's tee shirt and her underwear before she got into the shower, letting the spray run over her face and her body as she released a breath of relief. That felt so much better.

Demi didn't know how long she stayed in the shower for, just standing there and letting the water run over her tired body. But she must've been there for a while, lost in something between a trance and a daydream before the sound of knocking against the door snapped her out of it.

"Demi, is that you?"

Who else would it be?

Demi couldn't find her voice to respond, and that must've alarmed Trey because he came in, but immediately covered his eyes like he had never seen her naked before. Like he had never memorized every crevice, every scar, every bump, every bruise on her body. Like they hadn't spent six years of their lives together, uncovering every detail - physically, emotionally, and mentally.

"Sorry," he awkwardly stuttered as Demi scoffed a little bit and turned the water off.

"Can you pass me a towel please?" She politely asked, pointing towards the heated towel rack. Trey visibly gulped before taking his hand away from his face, grabbing a white Pottery Barn towel off of the rack before walking over to where she was in the shower.

"Thanks," Demi breathed out, wrapping herself up before stepping out, nearly falling over but thankfully, Trey caught her.

"You okay?"

"Yeah..." Demi trailed off, shaking her head to get rid of her negative thoughts as she closed the shower door.

"Demi," Trey said, effectively catching her attention.

"What?"

"I just...I want you to be okay. I can't stop thinking about when you showed up here crying your eyes out. And I just feel bad, like there's nothing that I can really do for you to make you feel better," Trey admitted as Demi shrugged a little bit.

"You have been making me feel better just by being here for me. Thank you, Trey. I promise, I will be okay," Demi said, not realizing how close they had gotten to each other until she raised up on the tips of her toes to give him a kiss on the cheek, running her thumb over his well-kept stubble.