VII.III

Setting: Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris, France

Sometimes Demi felt like Cristo's barbie doll. Not in a bad way either. She found it amusing how much he loved to dress her up, using her to model new pieces from his collection or try out new trends to see what worked. But after a few days of nonstop events with him in Paris, after being away from her daughter because after the first night she learned that Muse was not going to sit still during a fashion show, after all of the fuss of Fashion Week, she was kind of over being his barbie doll. She was tired of the gowns and the couture and the heels and the makeup, tired of getting extensions put in and taken out of her hair, tired of the outfit changes and the paparazzi. All she wanted was to be in some sweatpants watching cartoons with her daughter, and they hadn't even made it to Cristo's show yet.

"I think the black shoes would look better. You know the black Guiseppes? What do you think, Lana?" Cristo mused as he took in Demi's outfit. It was a piece from his new collection and it was really pretty, but Demi just wasn't that comfortable in it.

"Yeah, I don't like the white with the red," Lana said, adjusting her square framed glasses on her nose as Demi huffed out a little sigh.

It was the day of Cristo's show and earlier he had been at the venue making sure that everything was ready, but he had come back to the hotel to get dressed and make sure that Demi and Muse were ready as well. Demi had told him that bringing Muse wasn't the best idea because his show was around her bedtime, and everyone knew how Muse got when she didn't get her sleep, but Cristo had insisted on it for the optics. Fuck the optics. She'd like to see him deal with a cranky three-year-old who liked to go to sleep on time and despised being photographed without her consent.

"Okay, can someone grab the black shoes?" Demi questioned, sitting down on the couch in their suite.

Lana left to go find the shoes and Muse came running in with Kris right behind her, instantly going into Demi's arms and scrambling onto her lap.

"Hey Cristo, you're looking good," Kris complimented, leaning in so that he could kiss her cheek before they both pulled away.

"Thank you, so are you. I see you're wearing the dress I sent to you." Cristo was always sending clothes to her family members, and every single one of them loved it.

"Of course, I can't wait to see the show!"

"Hey princess, did you have a good time with Lovey? Did she dress you?" Demi cooed. Muse was wearing a goldish-green short sleeve dress with black knee highs, her favorite black Giuseppe leather high tops, and a headband with tulle on it to keep her hair out of her face. Demi didn't know why she was surprised that her daughter loved fashion and playing dress up when both of her parents – and her favorite Aunt Kenny – were in the fashion industry.

"Yeah, we're twinzies with Stormi," Muse said as she messed with the festive sleeves of Demi's dress.

"Yes, you are. You look so pretty, princess," Demi said, kissing her forehead as Muse released a loud yawn. She really wished that she could just keep her home, but Cristo wanted her at the show so hopefully Muse would be able to sit through it without getting too antsy.