V.V

Setting: The Ghesquiere Mansion, Beverly Hills, CA

Nature really was a beautiful thing. Perched on one of the many cushioned lounge chairs underneath the cabana that overlooked the Ghesquiere family's infinity pool and the rolling green lawns that stretched over eight full acres of land further relaxed Demi as she curled her toes and continued running her hand over the stretched skin of her stomach. At nearly 26 weeks, she only had one more deal to finalize and then she was officially on maternity leave. Yes, celebrities got maternity leave too, and depending on what your career was and who worked for you, celebrities also had a lot more leniency in terms of going back to work. Demi knew that even if she didn't lift another finger after having this baby, she would still be financially secure for the rest of her life, and so would her child. Despite all of the complaining, Demi actually loved her work. She just wasn't sure if she would love being at a stay at home mom more. Only time would tell.

"Here's your lunch, Mrs. Demi," Linda, one of the many staff at the house said as she set down a plate with a BLTA – bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado – with a fresh cup of fruit on the side, along with that fruity juice that she made Cristo find the recipe for. After the wedding, the staff at the house had all gone back and forth over how to address Demi, a squabble that she found out about when she got called something different every time she entered the house, so they had settled on Mrs. Demi to keep things simple. Demi wanted them to just call her Demi but they said that that was way too informal for them and it made them uncomfortable.

"Thank you, Linda," Demi said as Linda nodded before disappearing back inside of the house. Demi was about to take a much needed sip of what she was sure was papaya mango juice but her phone dinged with a text message, causing her to take off her sunglasses and place them on the table in exchange for her phone. It was a text from Kelsey with a link to a Youtube video, so Demi opened it and the result was an interview that Trey had done with Ryan Seacrest a few days ago.

After their little lunch at Nobu, Demi and Trey had texted each other on and off and tried to make plans to meet up again but nothing had been set in stone. Demi was at the point in her pregnancy where she didn't really want to do anything. She still had three months to go but all she wanted to do was lounge around in the air conditioning – California seemed to be going through the worst heat wave – and eat whatever she wanted to all day. She just didn't feel like being bothered and that's why she was kind of glad that Criso was gone. Of course, her mood went up and down when it came to that, but right now, she was glad that Cristo was gone all of the time. He had a bad habit of hovering.

"We have Trey Songz here with us today, Trey, how are you?"

"I'm blessed, I can't complain. How are you?"

"I'm well. Let's just catch up a little bit because it's been a while since you've been on tour, or released music or anything like that, so what have you been up to?"