VI.IX

Setting: Demi's House, Calabasas, CA

Since earlier this morning when her fingers were first smashed in the door and she had decided to retreat to her old house with Maddie and Muse, Demi had been icing her swollen – and now numb – fingers in hopes of the pain going away and the swell...

Since earlier this morning when her fingers were first smashed in the door and she had decided to retreat to her old house with Maddie and Muse, Demi had been icing her swollen – and now numb – fingers in hopes of the pain going away and the swelling going down. But the sun was now setting, the day was coming to a close, and she was in just as much pain as she had been earlier in the day. The swelling hadn't gone down at all and it was now at the point where she couldn't even curl her fingers. She could barely move her hand, meaning that she could barely interact with her daughter. Thank God that Muse actually loved tummy time and Dallas and Maddie were at the house with her.

"I called mom," Maddie said as she came into the kitchen to grab a water bottle.

"Why?" Demi groaned as Dallas came into the kitchen holding a freshly bathed Muse.

"Because I told her to. Demi, I'm pretty sure several of your fingers are broken. Are you sure he didn't slam the door on them on purpose?" Dallas asked, but Demi shook her head. Cristo would never do that to her and she was the dumbass who thought her hand could stop a door from slamming shut.

The front door opened and in walked Dianna and Eddie. Usually Dianna completely ignored Demi and went right over to Muse, only greeting Demi as an afterthought, but today she went straight to Demi, taking the ice pack off of her right hand to check it out.

"Demi, you need to go to the hospital," she said as Demi moved her hand away from her grasp and Eddie sat next to her at the island.

"Explain to me what happened," he demanded as Demi released a light sigh.

"Nothing, we were just fighting and he slammed the door to our closet and I put my hand in there, I guess," Demi breathed out as Eddie shook his head and stood up, going to pace in the living room as the front door opened again, but this time it was Kris.

"Demi! I have been calling you all day! Did you forget...what the hell happened to your hand?" she demanded to know as Demi rolled her eyes towards the ceiling. This is exactly what she didn't want. The last thing she needed was everyone all up in her business.

"I'm sorry, I don't know where I put my phone."

"Kris, tell her that she needs to go to the hospital," Dianna said as Kris took her sunglasses off to examine Demi's hand.

"You need to go to the hospital, Demi."

"No, I don't."

"Yes, you do. You need xrays to see if those fingers are broken and you need to get them wrapped up."

"Can't someone come here and do it? Please? I really do not want to go to another hospital," Demi pleaded. Kris's lips pursed before she pulled out her phone and excused herself to make a few calls. Twenty minutes later, their private doctor was there with two extra nurses and an xray machine. There really wasn't anything that Kris couldn't do.