VI.VI

Setting: Kylie's House, Calabasas, CA

"So, if it's positive..." Kylie trailed off, perched atop her marble counter as Demi sat on the floor with her legs folded, staring blankly at the three First Response pregnancy tests in front of her. Victoria had gone with an odd number just in case they needed a tie breaker. One was supposed to have a plus or a minus, one was supposed to have a yes or no, and one was supposed to have a colored line.

"I should probably go to the doctor just to make sure...and then I tell Cristo," Demi mechanically rattled off.

"And if it's negative..."

"I should probably still go to the doctor...and I don't tell Cristo...?" Demi trailed off, but Kylie shook her head

"Why wouldn't you tell him?"

"What's the point in telling him if its negative?"

"Uh, because he's your husband. Demi, you should tell him even if it turns out to be negative."

"I just don't want to have the conversation about having more kids."

"I'm just saying that you can't just keep something like this from him because it's eventually going to blow up in your face," Kylie said with a shrug as Demi pondered the thought. Would it really blow up in her face if Cristo never found out that she took the tests in the first place?

"Can you look at them? I think I'm going to throw up," Demi pleaded, poking out her bottom lip as Kylie hopped off of the counter and grabbed the three tests off of the floor. She looked at them for a few seconds before showing them to Demi, and her heart nearly dropped into her ass once she saw the results. Plus. Yes. Pink colored line.

"This cannot be happening," she mumbled, taking the tests from Kylie to get a closer look at them and make sure that she was seeing things correctly. All three were positive and Victoria had made sure to get the most accurate tests from the store, so she was most likely pregnant again.

"Demi, you have nine whole months to figure this thing out," Kylie tried to reassure her once she saw that Demi had started to cry.

"There's nothing to figure out. I don't want to be pregnant right now," Demi sobbed, desperately trying to wipe her tears away as Kylie sat down next to her.

Even if she did have nine months to prepare, Demi just did not want to go through another pregnancy. She literally just had Muse. Muse was barely six months old and now she had to give birth to another baby in nine months? That was too close, and the timing was all off. It wasn't that she didn't realize that she was blessed to even be able to have babies, especially after witnessing what Kim had gone through, but was it bad that she just felt as though the last thing she needed right now was another baby?

"Well, if you didn't want to have another one, you should've been on birth control," Kylie murmured, but with the acoustics in the bathroom Demi heard her. She just didn't say anything back because she was right.