VIII.I

ddlovato: so in love with this cover

ddlovato: so in love with this cover. thank you @billboard for choosing me for your cover. check out the photo shoot and interview on their website!
Liked by kourtneykardash, khloekardashian, and 4,312,788 others
kyliejenner: so in love with this
khloekardashian: Demi, you're stunning 😍

From Disney darling to majestic model, Demi Lovato has spent the past decade maintaining a steady career with her brutally honest music at the forefront while also gracing the runways of the various fashion weeks and being featured on the ad campaigns of some of the most famous companies in the world. Since having her daughter Muse, Lovato has taken a back seat in the world of fame, instead focusing her energy on raising her child and trying to make the world a better place.

"I think I just reached a point in my life where I had it all and I felt kind of empty. What really pushed me to focus more on philanthropy is the fact that I have a daughter now and I just feel like if I'm not trying to make the world a better place for her, I'm not doing a very good job as a parent," Lovato admits, gulping down a bottle of Core pH balancing water as we sit on the cream colored couch in what she calls her 'formal living room' – formal because Muse and her plethora of cousins aren't allowed to play in here.

Between trips to Kenya and Iraq where Lovato is the director of Global Citizen's Healing and Education through the Arts pilot program, Lovato is a dedicated mother whose first priority is and always will be her daughter. Muse Kristen Ghesquiere is the four year old daughter of Lovato and her ex husband/fashion designer, Cristo Ghesquiere.

"We named her Muse because that's what Cristo used to call me but she's also the inspiration behind absolutely everything that I do. I would do anything in the world for her because she completely changed my life and she gives me a reason to wake up every morning," Demi admits, pushing back her newly cut silky strands as a smile graces her features. Anything in the world includes taking cooking classes to learn how to make healthy snacks for her daughter's soccer team and scheduling her entire life around her daughter's needs.

"I have to drop her off at school, pick her up from school, go to every practice, and every game. To me, I just don't want to miss out on anything because growing up in the spotlight, I just felt like I missed out on a lot and working from such a young age really negatively influenced the relationship that I had with my parents. That's not what I want for my daughter. I never want her to feel like she's missing out on something, including my presence," Lovato admits.

The door to the sprawling 7,000 square foot Calabasas ranch bursts open and Lovato's four year old daughter runs inside, maneuvering through the cameras, the glam team, and the custom made furniture to make it to her mother, Lovato's ex husband slowly trailing behind her. It's really a sight to see. Lovato peppers kisses all over Muse's face while Muse excitedly squeals and tries to squirm out of her mother's arms while still locking her arms around her neck like she doesn't actually want to let her go.