VIII.VI

Setting: The Grill on the Alley, Beverly Hills, CA

Demi: It has officially been three months since I started dating Wilmer so after a lot of consideration, I've finally decided to introduce him to Muse

Demi: It has officially been three months since I started dating Wilmer so after a lot of consideration, I've finally decided to introduce him to Muse. Whether she's four or twenty four, I don't ever want to feel like I'm sneaking behind her back or like keeping secrets from her, so we're going to have dinner with him and hopefully everything goes smoothly.

"Hey princess, let's talk before we go in, okay?" Demi said after she helped Muse out of the car and fixed her dress. Thankfully, there weren't any paparazzi around so Demi closed the door to her car before kneeling to Muse's height.

"Remember when you asked me about having a boyfriend or girlfriend, and I said that once I found someone that was special enough to meet you, I would introduce you to them?" Demi reminded her, causing Muse to quirk her eyebrow before nodding her head. Demi wasn't sure if she actually remembered their conversation, but she decided to go along with her answer.

"Okay, well I did meet someone so I want you to meet him tonight. He's going to have dinner with us, okay?" Demi said, causing Muse to nod again before Demi stood back up and fixed her own dress. Muse raised her arms to be picked up, so Demi swept her off of the ground before carrying her into the restaurant. Cristo always complained that Demi babied Muse way too much but she just couldn't help it. Muse was her baby; of course she would never get tired of carrying her around.

"Reservation under Lovato," Demi said as soon as they approached the hostess stand.

"Welcome back, Ms. Lovato, please follow me."

Demi chose "The Grill" because she wanted to take Wilmer to a restaurant that she had never been to with Cristo, or Muse. The only person she had come here with was Kourtney. Every Friday Demi let Muse choose where they were going to have dinner, which is why Demi chose to do the dinner on a Wednesday so that it wouldn't encroach on their weekly mother/daughter dinners. She just didn't want Muse to feel like Wilmer was going to be taking any time or attention away from her; that even though someone new was coming into their lives, things were going to remain the same, or get even better.

The hostess led them through the Parisian inspired restaurant, guiding them towards the back where the private rooms were before settling on a booth that offered more privacy than a table in the middle of the restaurant. She set down three menus and utensil sets, promising to come back with sparkling water and wine options before leaving them to get settled in.

"Where is he?" Muse asked after getting situated next to Demi.

"Here he comes," Demi said, not being able to help the grin that spread across her face as Wilmer approached their table wearing an unexpected but very cute polka dotted button down tucked into his black suit pants that matched his suit jacket. He looked so good but so casual at the same time. She could tell that he had just gotten his hair and beard trimmed as well. She practically melted as he wrapped his arms around her, pecking her lips before breathing a Spanish greeting into her ear. Fucking butterflies. She really forgot what it was like to date one person and really like them.