VIII.II

Setting: Demi's House, Calabasas, CA

"Okay, Demi, you can open your eyes now," Jill said after finishing off her eyeshadow

"Okay, Demi, you can open your eyes now," Jill said after finishing off her eyeshadow. She still had to do the rest of her face but that's because Jill always does eyebrows, eyeshadow, then her face. It's just what made the most sense.

"Wow, that's bright," Demi said, leaning towards the mirror as she took in the purple eyeshadow look that had been created with one of Kylie's palettes. Demi always went for super neutral and natural looks, so seeing herself with something different always caught her off guard.

"Mommy!" She heard Muse scream from the hallway, then the four year old was running into the beauty room, her face scrunching up as she reached her mother.

"Girl, what did I tell you about running around in here? Didn't I say not to because you'll slip on the floors?" Demi reprimanded her, causing Muse's happy smile to drop from her face as she slowly nodded her head.

"Okay, then don't run in here because I don't want you to get hurt. Then you won't be able to play soccer and it'll just be all bad," Demi softened her tone a little bit, causing Muse to giggle.

"What is it?"

"Batman won't come upstairs so we can go to bed," Muse pouted, wrapping her arms around Demi and resting her head on her legs as Demi shot Jill a look before picking Muse up so that she could put her to bed. Kendall was actually coming over to watch her but Kendall wasn't the best babysitter in the entire world so Demi figured she would make her life easier by putting Muse to sleep first.

"You don't need him to go to sleep," Demi reminded her as they entered her room. Demi had cleaned it earlier today but Muse had made a mess of it again and she wasn't about to try and clean it before she left. She still had to finish her face, her hair, and get dressed. Kris was coming to get her in an hour.

"Yes I do," Muse whined as Demi set her down on the bed.

"Okay, then I'll bring him upstairs after we get you all tucked in, okay?" Demi said, suddenly not wanting to go to the event anymore as she watched Muse get all settled underneath the covers then look at Demi expectantly. Bedtime was a whole routine that they went through together every night. They brushed their teeth, went through their skin care routine - Muse was into face masks now - and Demi either read her a story or sang her "Let It Go" like she had been doing since she was a baby.

"Mommy, what's wrong with your eyes?" Muse asked as Demi knelt next to the bed.

"What do you mean?"

"They're purple."

"It's makeup. You know, like Auntie Kylie's eyeshadows?"

"Hmm." Muse paused for a second before deciding to move on.

"You don't like it?"

"No," she deadpanned, causing Demi to chuckle as she kissed her forehead.