V.III

Setting: Starbucks, Los Angeles, CA

Demi didn't know if Cristo inviting Trey to their "wedding of the decade" was part of some weird keep-your-friends-close-but-your-wife's-ex-husband-closer mantra that he was practicing or if he genuinely understood where she was coming from when s...

Demi didn't know if Cristo inviting Trey to their "wedding of the decade" was part of some weird keep-your-friends-close-but-your-wife's-ex-husband-closer mantra that he was practicing or if he genuinely understood where she was coming from when she had confided in him about wanting to remain close friends with Trey. Either way, that was the last time that she had seen Tremaine Neverson. She would never forget when Cristo had mumbled something about a surprise for her, making her think that it was going to be some priceless family heirloom or the car that she had been dropping hints about wanting for months, but when she saw Trey standing there in a classic black tuxedo wearing a bowtie – which he hated to wear – it was one of the best moments of her wedding. And maybe that was wrong because of all of the devastatingly heartbreaking history between her and Trey, but after spending six years of her life with him, letting him go really wasn't that easy. So, when she saw him in that Starbucks holding what she assumed was a caramel macchiato – a drink that she had gotten him addicted to – her heart ached. Once again, her grandma was right. She was such a pendeja.

"Trey!" She awkwardly squealed, too loud for the coffee shop and too excited for her to be seeing someone that she hadn't even tried to make contact with in six months.

It was like her body had a mind of its own and suddenly she was inhaling the scent of his Acqua Di Parma cologne and her arms were wrapped around his neck and her belly was pressed against his hard torso. Her face flushed a strawberry pink color as she remembered where they were and who they were to each other, instantly making her pull apart.

"DEMETRIA!" One of the baristas, the pretty blonde one who had warmed up her muffin, called out, causing Demi to shoot him a sheepish smile as she shuffled around him to grab her drink.

One sip and she could tell they hadn't put enough pumps of sugar in her tea, so she gave it back, demanding two extra pumps and a longer straw. When she turned around to actually speak to Trey, he was gone, making her heart sink further into her chest.

"Here you go...we put three pumps in there just in case." It was like a switch flipped and she went from upset to irritated in a millisecond as she snatched her cup from the pretty blonde.

"If I wanted three pumps of fucking sugar, I would've asked for three pumps of fucking sugar," she hissed before dramatically exiting the coffee shop.

Kris would have to deal with those headlines tomorrow: A pregnant and bitchy Demi Lovato throws a fit over sugar – read inside for more details! Whatever. She scanned the parking lot for any signs of Trey, but he was gone, like he just vanished into thin air. Demi knew they weren't as close as they used to be, but a few minutes of catching up wouldn't have killed him, right? Right?

Setting: Demi's bedroom @ Kris's House, Calabasas, CA