h a l s e y

my mom and i got into the hospital and i was shaking, i was hoping praying i hadn't lost my baby, there's a human growing inside of me and if that human has died then it won't feel right, g and i made that baby out of love, and we could quite possibly get the worst thing in return.

"ashley frangipane to room 7, i repeat ashley frangipane to room 7" i heard the loud speaker boom out from across the room.

my mum and i walk into room 7, like were told  to, we walk in hand in hand. i don't want to hear this.

"we hear that you feel like there is something wrong with your baby, is that correct, miss frangipane?" the doctor said to me which pulled me out of my daydream.

"um, yes, but please call me ashley, yesterday i got really bad pains in my stomach and they were so bad i couldn't walk"  i explain. "after i managed to get up, i went to my moms house  and immediately i went to the toilet and i was bleeding. i was bleeding so much. so i told my mom, and we tried getting a doctors appointment but we couldn't, so here we are" i said wiping away a tear that fell from my eyes.

"well if you can lay back and list your shirt up, we can check" he said smiling at me.

"ok" i said lying back and lifting my shirt up over my growing belly. i felt some cold gel go into my stomach and be rubbed around, he was looking at the screen and stopped rubbing  the probe on my stomach and put it down.

"i will be back in a second, sorry" he said then got up and left, i tried looking at the screen but couldn't as it had turned off. about a minute later not him, but another doctor came back into the room.

"hello, i'm doctor stylik (a/n. fight me hoes) , and i just need to check something so i'm going to put the gel back onto your stomach" she said smiling and i nodded an 'ok'

she rubbed the gel on my tummy and looked at the screen with a worried look on her face.

"what's wrong?" my mother asked her.

"i'm really sorry ashley, we couldn't find a heartbeat"

•••

i jolted up, breathing heavily. i got up out of bed and went over to the cot and i looked over it sighing in relief seeing jayden sleeping peacefully in it.

"that's a good boy" i whisper to him reaching down stroking his cheek with my index finger.

"babe..." i jump at the sound of gerald's voice. "it's 4 am babe, come back to bed"

"i couldn't sleep" i say turning around and looking down at my bare feet.

"another nightmare about the miscarriage?" he said getting out of bed and hugging me. i just nod. "oh baby. i cant tell you to get over it because that would just be wrong, but do you know what's triggered them and why you started having them again?"

"i don't know" i say shaking my head, "i'm sorry"

"no no no, don't be sorry. it's not your fault" he said kissing my neck instantly making me feel better, i let out a small moan. "let's go back to bed"

"ok" i walk back to bed and put the covers over me, closing my eyes i hope for a happy dream and not one of those crappy nightmares again.

•••

"you know, it might help if you told the police about lauren... and your parents" i heard g say while he made me some toast.

"but why, they have- they had nothing to do with my nightmares, and i'll just feel bad" i say back to him trying to prove a point.