Chapter 3

Blake

*BANG!*

Soon as Marcus cocked his gun back pointing it at my head, I closed my eyes. Then all of a sudden I felt something wet on me. I know it couldn't have been my own blood. Shit I'm still talking in my head, right? Or am I a spirit talking?

"What I tell yo ass about not carrying yo strap on you g's?"

I opened my eyes looking around like okay my ass still alive. Looking in my rear view mirror, Miccah sitting in the bask seat with a kool aid smile on his face. "Nigga I thought I told yo ass to have him in the hole when I got out my meeting!?"

"Stop bitchin boy! We went looking for him, but as soon as we spotted him back up here waiting over there in the alley way for you to come out. Nigga eyes was glued on that door the whole fuckin time I had more than enough time to sneak in the back seat."

"Wait.." I started laughing cranking the car up. "Bitch how you get in my car? I know I locked my shit."

"Come on g. You know I'm not telling you that shit!"

I pulled off looking around first, "We've been boys since I moved out here. That's 5 years and you still can't tell me that?"

"Damn! 5 years? That's the longest I've ever been boys with someone! You know I appreciate you, for real!"

"Appreciate me for what? Miccah you know I got you man."

"Vice versa this way g, but for never switching up on me. We Ace Brothers for life!" Miccah with that same kool aid smile on his face. Holding up his wrist showing that matching tattoo we got 2 years ago. It's the symbol of an Ace with a spade under his.

Mine had the same ace symbol, but with a diamond under it on my wrist. I held it up laughing shaking my head at his sentimental ass moment. Then I looked over in the passenger seat, I forgot Marcus dead ass was still beside me.

"What we going to do with his ass 'Caah?"

"What we always do, take him to the hole and burn his ass into dust. Why would you question that?"

"Just seeing where your head was at bro."

He chuckled and said, "We going to get you home and I'm a take the lambo with his ass in it to the hole and I'm a go get yo shit cleaned out. You know you can't be seen handling and doing no dirty work bro!"

"You're right. I just be forgetting what I am sometimes. I told you back in Carolina all I knew was dirty. I handled everything myself. Yeah I had a couple niggas on my team, but I was the only one I could trust at the end of the day and knew if shit needed to be done I had to do it myself." I explained.

"But now you got me." He devilishly smirked. "You can't— Shit! WE can't be in this life forever!"

"What you mean? Yeah I'm a pro baller, but growing up in a struggling household with a single parent the streets all I know."

"Nah Blake, you smart man. You're a pro baller, business man, then the streets come last g! You have to remember what you moved out here to do and be."

"Thanks bro, I know. It's just being in this street life trouble follows you wherever you go!" I said pulling in my building lot.