Chapter 13

Karyn

I grabbed my son hand, "Baby can you sit down for a minute and let us explain?"

"What the fuck could you possibly explain to me!?" Blake said snatching his hand away from me.

"Watch how you talk to your mother boy!" Lorenzo exclaimed to him.

Blake snapped his head towards him, "What you just say to me nigga? Don't come at me with that I am now actually your father shit! This whole time, I mean THIS WHOLE FUCKIN TIME BRUH!?"

"Son please calm down and sit down for a minute... Please!" I softly said to him.

Blake looked between Lorenzo and I before he sat on the long couch sighing, "I'm waiting!"

I sat beside him, "I don't want you to ever think this was something we did on purpose. It was a reason why we kept your father from being your father. He was always there for you. He cares about you so much Blake, but I just couldn't have him in your life at the tim—"

"So what? You called yourself punishing me or something!?"

"No baby, at the time your fath—"

"That nigga not my dad bruh!"

"Aye you may feel that way about me, but respect your mother!" Lorenzo said to him and I just knew my son was about to go off.

Blake stood up and said, "Why you even still here? Get your ass out like you did before this moment. I never needed you in my life as my dad bruh, I was doing just fine without knowing who you really are!"

"It wasn't his fault son" I quietly said.

But they ignored me and Lorenzo stood up, "You going to learn to respect the people who brought you into this world!"

"Brought me into this world? My nigga it only sounds like ONE person brought me here. You don't mean shit to me g!" Blake yelled getting in his fathers face.

I got in between them and quickly said, "OKAY OKAY! It was me Blake, it was me. You were a baby when I decided to leave your dad and threatened him not to come around you, but I had a logical reason..." I stopped with tears coming down my face, "Lorenzo was a huge drug dealer back in North Carolina and I refused to allow you to be around that lifestyle. What really put it over the edge...

One day Blake you and I were coming into the house, you were one years old at the time, and your dad was sitting in the living in our home using his own drugs. Right in front of our faces! I took you in your room because you were too young to see and hear the things that were going on around you...

We were going back and forth arguing. Things got really heated and... and..." I started crying harder. Lorenzo came to my side sitting me down on the couch and sitting beside me.

I found the strength to continue explaining, "He hit me. After that I couldn't deal with it anymore. So don't blame yourself son in this situation."

It was quiet for a few minutes. Blake was standing up with his back to us, while I was sitting on the couch with Lorenzo arms around me. Blake turned around to us and he had tears going down his face and that hurt my heart so much.