Chapter 24

Chastity

5 months later—June

"Who's a pretty baby? You are, that's who!" I talked in my baby voice while Journee just looked at me with a blank face. It was so hard trying to get this little girl to laugh. It's been a month since I've had my Journee Skye. The day she was born was amazing.

My mother was there and even my father

My mother was there and even my father. Even though my father and I left off on a semi good note, I was still surprised to see him all the way in New York. He even mentioned about retiring early and moving up here, but I'm sure it's just all talk.

Then there was Evan in the delivery room with me. I thought to myself about how he looked like he wanted to faint while I was pushing. He looked more in pain while I was squeezing his hand than I was pushing. But it's the look he had on his face when he heard the first cry of Journee. It was the look of love at first sight. Like all of his pain and worries were just washed away when he heard and seen her.

"How about we go wake daddy up princess? Yeah I think that's a good idea." I took her out of her baby tub and laid her on her counter blanket to dry her off.

She just stared at me again until she heard a deeper voice that belonged to Evan, "No need. I'm up! There's my favorite princess. You smell so good." He said getting in front of me to her and making noises against her little belly.

I rolled my eyes because he just rudely got in front of me and I did the same belly thing to Journee earlier and she just looked at me like 'girl move!' She woke me up at 8 this morning because she was hungry

I rolled my eyes because he just rudely got in front of me and I did the same belly thing to Journee earlier and she just looked at me like 'girl move!' She woke me up at 8 this morning because she was hungry. Since she decided to stay woke for a hour after that I just gave her a bath.

Maurice was with Blake because he promised to take him to the pool and water park Friday, which is today. I love how Maur is so protective of his baby sister it's so cute. My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a little hand smack my forehead.

"Ask mommy what is she thinking about princess?" Evan laughed while she kept trying to hit my forehead and was squealing. I guess her way of trying to ask me. Seeing that she was now fully dressed by him.