Chapter Seven

07. The Nightmare Never Ends

Magdelena came back to her body to see a very spoked Gaius, who was staring at the body of Ewan, Gaius didn't have a chance to say anything as her hair went back to normal, she caught sight of him heading from the room to go back to the throne room where she assumed they were meeting the king to tell him about Sir Valiant using magic to cheat and win in the tournament, "I believe he's telling the truth!" the Prince said speaking about Merlin who was the only one to have seen the snakes. 

The room grew colder some looked around, Merlin and Gaius knew what was happening. She watched Sir Valiant go stiff as he recognized the feeling, and the mark on his chest began to burn. Looking over to the shoulder of the king and Sir Valiant froze as draped over the back of the throne, she smiled and waved with an evil smile on her face. She disappeared from the throne and began to skip around the room. 

"Hickory Dickory Dock you are on a clock," she says her voice the same icy one from his dream, "I greatly fear your end is near. Hickory Dickory Dock." she said he falter for a moment before he was able to speak, she giggled as she began to disappear and reappear around the room, repeating the small rhyme she had said before. 

Sir Valiant almost screamed until he was able to get out of the room and to his own room for his safety to scream. He slept barely a wink unable to fall asleep for the fear of what the woman would do to him should he go on with his plans. 

Magdelena returned to her body as two very worried men stared at her about to react to her unresponsive and strange pose. The Prince had sacked Merlin, and he was upset about it, not so much that he was fired but because of the reason the Prince had let him go. Merlin left but when he came back he had a wheelbarrow with a stone statue of a dog, Gaius questioned him and Merlin replied in honesty before going to his room as Gaius went back to his medicine. Magdelena was reading on her bed, thinking about what had happened with Sir Ewan and Sir Valiant.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Magdelena decided to stand off to the side where her brother should have been but there was no sign of him. The fight soon began, and the Prince knocked Valiant's helmet off, there was a pause as the Prince removed his as well making the crowd go crazy for their prince. Valiant for a moment gets the upper hand, having the Prince pinned to the ground, he steps on his shield but the Prince got his arm out before he could have fixed it. The Prince is disarmed, and Valiant goes to strick but his arm is caught just in time. 

Pinned to the wall the Prince pushes Valiant back, she hears the magic come from the spell that her brother, she was so busy watching the fight that, she didn't notice he had walked up. The snakes come from the shield hanging in mid-air as they stare at the Prince hissing, "What are you doing? I didn't summon you!" Valiant says quietly to the snakes, the crowd in on their feet in fear or awe she couldn't tell there were too many mixed emotions.

"He is using magic," the King says feeling rather stupid for not believing his son earlier and almost sending his son to his death, guilt ate at him as he watched on.

"And now they see you for what you really are," the Prince says Valiant chuckles as the snakes fall to the floor, she can feel his hate and still is sickened by the feeling he was giving off more so now that earlier.

"Kill him," the snakes go forwards but everyone watches as Valiant bucks to his knees clutching his chest as he falls to the floor. He looks around for help but was met with the opposite, there on the edge of the entrance was the serving girl who had held the sword to his throat, she looked familiar, her eyes suddenly changed, to the one from his dream with the fire burning through him in his iris, and her lashes catching the sparks that shot from her eyes. He screamed more as he stared at her, her eyes have gone back to normal as people looked at her she looked around her trying to see what he was screaming at.