Chapter Twenty-Four

24. Death Gives  Life

Magdelena was simply walking around the deserted lower town of Camelot, the flap of wings was heard as she looked up and Kilgarrah flew down to land. She was shocked to see the dragon free of chains and not in the cave which she remembers falling asleep in through his spell, "Why are we here?" she asks looking around not sure why it was deserted.

"I wanted to show you something I saw the day you were born," he says he lets out a loud roar and suddenly the town is filled with people all cheering and talking, she wasn't able to make out what they were saying she just got some of the words like "baby", "King", "Queen" as well as, "Excited" and "Soon". 

She was even more concerned now, was this about the Prince Arthur being born she already knew what had happened. She walked around the dragon sending her towards the castle, she walks carefully through the people as they gathered around the front of the castle waiting to hear the news of the baby. She turned to see Kilgarrah was not where he was a minute ago, she quickly turned back and made her way into the catle.

She was going to head to the chambers Uther had but when she saw the Prince pacing in front of his chambers she knew this was in the future. She walked closer just as Merlin opened the door a bit and stepped out looking a bit worried she wanted to know where Lady Morgana and Gwen were, "How is she doing?" the Prince asked. 

"She claims to be fine but I think she is in pain, child birth is a bit rough on the human body," Merlin says before running his hand through his hair with a sigh. 

The door opened and Gwen stuck her head out and smiled at the Prince, "Sorry my king but Merlin is needed," she says before brining her head back into the room and closing the door. Merln placed his hand on Arthur who was now king before opening the door and heading back in. The sound of a female screaming is heard and Arthur quickly faces the door before groaning and going back to pacing. 

She spares a glance at the man before she slips through the door, Gaius, Gwen and Merlin crowded the bed blocking her view of who was giving birth. She walked closer and was shocked to see herself on the bed, her eyes closed in pain, her belly was large as she was screaming as she tried to push the baby out.

"I-is Arthur still-still pacing?" she asks her jaw clenched in pain.

"Yes, right outside the door," Merlin says, her future self lets out a laugh which sounded more like a gasp, "He is very worried."

"He-he has other-other th-things he can d-do," she says.

"He would be in here if you would allow him, he wants to be close to you," Merlin says smiling at his sister.

"I need you to push Maggie, now," Gaius says, the scene goes by fast until Gaius is holding not one but two bundles in his arms, one was crying while the other was calm as he handed them to Magdelena - the future one - as Merlin goes to open the door as Arthur runs into the room smiling at the two on the bed before rushing to her side. He sits on the edge next to her as he looks down smiling at the three. The invisible Magdelena steps forwards confused by what the scene was saying.

"We had twins? Are they the same or different genders?" he asks she looks up at him with a raised eyebrow, "Come on tell me what gender our babies are." 

Magdelena froze to the spot what did he mean by 'our' babies, he was a king she was the pervious kings servant. She was Death, how would the once Prince now King pick her over a lady of the court someone who was raised in the ways of royalty bred to be by the side of a king or prince.

"Meet your son and daughter," she says as Arthur's face lights up at the words as he leans down and kisses the future Magdelena who laughed once he pulled away, Magdelena - past one - felt sick as she stared at the actions of the King, "What shall we name them?"

The couple paused for a moment to think until both their faces lit up as they turned to stare at each other. Gwen watched glad that the woman who she now served - though the were more friends than anything - held her babies staring at the man she loved. Gaius was proudly staring at the boy he had seen grow up and the woman who became like a daughter to him. Merlin was staring at his sister and brother-in-law as they began to spurt off names to each other for his niece and nephew. 

"Parker and James," Maggie says and Arthur smiles nodding his head repetting the names before smiling even wider down at his children. Arthur helped his wife stand and took his son while she held her daughter as they walked out.

The crowd cheered at the sight of the two, "I prestent to you, your new Prince James and Princess Parker!" the crowd cheers at the annoucenment many going becoming so excited, "We shall hold a feast once Queen Magdelena is feeling more up to it." Once again Magdelena from the past felt sick, she had the children of the King and was Queen of Camelot.

She ran from the room all the way out of the lower town and to a small clearing where the flap of wings was heard before Kilgarrah landed in front of the paniced girl. She was taking quick breaths as she stared at him with wide eyes, "I had a dream that Prince Arthur died when the druid boy came," Kilgarrah nods his head, "I saw our wedding day as well."

"Yes, I sent those to you so you understand what is going to happen," Kilgarrah says staring down at her, "Without you Arthur will have no Queen, and no heir to continue on his line."

"Surely there must be someone better to be at his side and help rule the kingdom," she says but the dragon chuckles before roaring again, making her fall on the floor and fall asleep in that time.

She bolted up still in the cave Kilgarrah now standing staring down at her she looked nervous, "You have picked the wrong person. He deserves someone better than the personification of Death!" she yells at him, "His destiny along with my brother is too grand for me to be a part of as anything more than a servant and protector." 

"You doubt yourself Magdelena," he says, "If you are ever to be the Queen you will one day become you must be confident in yourself!" he calls as he lifts from the rock he was on and flies to a small ledge high above her head, before she closes her eyes to appear at Gaius' chambers, Merlin and Gaius were no where to be seen and she was sure they were off trying to solve the Tristian De Boris mystery.