Chapter Thirteen

13. Party With The Knights

"Arise, Sir Lancelot, Knight of Camelot," Uther says pulling the sword away as the man she had unknowingly undressed and threatened the life of the king in front of. She stood behind Uther and joined in the applause as he stood up smiling. The other knights lead him away to party and celebrate the new knight. She was forced to stay with Uther while he had the man in charge of the library check the records for Lancelot. 

"Is it such a big deal that you believe him to be fake?" she asks stepping forwards to stand next to the king, "Camelot needs more knights yet here you are complaining about the one man to pass Arthur's test in weeks."

"The first knight code is they have to be of noble birth," Uther says shaking his head at the thought, "We will always follow the rules that others have set." 

"You placed a ban on magic while others said it was legal," she says he turns to her fuming, "I know why you banned magic. There is nothing you can hide from me, not while you are bound to me."

"You are bound to me! Do not be mistaken," he hisses at her before waving her off, "You seem to want to rile me up so leave me alone and go to the party." 

She says no more as she skips sending him a wink over her shoulder before she disappears behind the doors heading off to where the party was taking place. Before she enters she turns around and makes sure there was no one around before changing her clothes, she smiles at the dress before entering. It was a blue dress with black layers under, it had a corset and two pieces of blue and black went around her neck. 

She walked up to Merlin and he smiled happy to see her, Morgana was wearing the dress she had worn at the banquet for the tournament. She could hear the music playing and chuckled as she nudged Merlin, "Maggie, I am happy to see you!" Morgana says walking over Gwen following smiling at the girl as well. 

"Lady Morgana, Gwen," she says curtsying to the lady who smiled brightly at the girl, "You both look wonderful this evening. As usual."

"Your dress is stunning Maggie," Morgana says smiling at the woman again before looking over her shoulder to see Arthur staring at the girl a bit before looking away seeing Morgana's gaze, "Have you greeted Arthur yet?"

"I was not aware I was supposed to," she says sending Morgana a pointed look, "I should greet Lancelot. He is the man of honor. Do excuse me," she says walking towards the two grabbing a cup of ale as she did.

"Congratulations Sir Lancelot," she says smiling at him and nodding her head, "I heard from Merlin you put the Prince on his back." she could see Arthur getting ready to say something but Lancelot beat him to it. 

"Thank you Lady Maggie," she slapped his arm sending him a glare, "I do believe I haven't apologized enough for the other day," she smacks his arm sending him a playful glare. 

"I have told you I am no lady an there is no need to apologize," she says Arthur clears his throat looking at the two, "Hello, your majesty," 

"May I ask what happened?" he says, worried she had been hurt while he trained or something along those lines. 

"I undressed in front of him, not realizing he was there," she says Arthur looks shocked as his eyes go wide at her words, "There was nothing for him to apologize for." 

"You are a rather strange woman," Lancelot says shaking his head at the girl. 

"You have no idea, Sir Lancelot," she says winking at him before she turns to Gwen, "Should you ever act on feelings treat Gwen well. Or my dagger will find your throat and you will be dead before you realized what I have done."