Chapter Twenty-Six

26. The Final Battle

Magdelena sat with her back against the stone as she stared across at the dragon who was watching her. She had come in a while ago and just sat down, when he landed and asked if she needed anything she stayed silent and just stared at him. Merlin entered holding a sword he didn't see his sister, he was too busy focusing on his mission, "Merlin!"

"Do you know why I'm here?" Merlin asks surprised by both his reaction to him being here and the fact he used his name.

"It may surprise you, Merlin, but my knowledge of your life is not universal," the dragon says staring at the warlock curiously, wondering what he was doing down here so late.

"It's about Magdelena," Merlin says at the sound of her name she snapped from her trance and looked over at her brother confused, "I fear she may die, unless I can make a weapon that will kill the dead."

"So what do you come to ask of me?" the dragon was now curious and concerned, he knew that death couldn't die until the new death was born. Merlin uses his magic to float the sword in front of the dragon.

"Will you burnish it, to save Maggie?" 

"The dead do not return without reason. Who has he come for?" Kilgarrah asks staring at both siblings, Maggie was staring at her brother blinking while Merlin stared with some hope in his eyes at the dragon.

"Uther."

"Then let him take his vengeance and the wraith will die without my aid," the dragon says.

"But it is Maggie who is fighting," Merlin says, "Uther got the book of death and bound himself to her! If either dies the other does to, isn't that how it works?"

"Why did you not tell me this sooner?" the dragon says but he wasn't staring at Merlin, who turns to see his sister sitting there staring at Merlin with a soft smile, she stands and walks over to him. 

"I feared you would be disapointed in me, and not allow me back to speak with you," she says placing a hand on Merlin's shoulder, "I am much like the wraith, no mortal blade can kill me."

"A weapon forged with my assistance will have great power," he says staring at the two, "it will have the power to kill your sister as well."

"I know."

"You do not know. You can only guess. You have not seen what I have seen. If you had, perhaps you would not ask this of me," the dragon says sending a look to both Merlin and Magdelena.

Merlin was confused and Magdelena seemed to know, "This sword could be used for great evil in the wrong hands." 

"I can only forge this sword for one person," Kilgarrah says staring at the two. 

"Prince Arthur, he needs a sword like this to be able to continue down the path to being King," Magdelena says.

"He is not the one fighting the wraith!" Merlin says staring at his sister, "I don't care if you can't die, but this sword would be better in your hands. What is Arthur learned who you were and used-"

"I don't need this sword, but I have a feeling Prince Arthur will in the future," Magdelena says turning to look up at the dragon, "Unless you no longer wish to make the sword since I will not be using it."

"I shall make it for the young Pendragon," Kilgarrah says, "if you use it return to me once the wraith is dead." He breaths onto the sword and it floats back down to Merlin who grabs it and holds it out to Magdelena who smiles at it as she holds it. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The arena was packed more then it was the last two times, Uther was sitting in his normal seat while Prince Arthur was sitting next to him dressed like his knights and looking rather grumpy. Gwen and Morgana were to the right of Uther on normal wooden seats, Morgana was both worried about proud that a woman was fighting, while Gwen was beginning to put peices together. Merlin stood at the entrance waiting for Magdelena to appear, Tristian stood in the middle of the field waiting for his condender.

It had passed noon when Merlin caught sight of his sister, she wore black leather pants, with brown heeled boots which laced up and stopped below her knees. she wore a black and brown tuinc which was all leather, she had a black cloak around her shoulders which billowed as she walked, she didn't have the sword which was made by the dragon but a strange one he had never seen before. As she near he saw the only thin on her face was dark lipstick. 

She entered the field everyone cheered a bit at the sight of their champion as she untied her cloak and threw it towards the knights who cheered as they caught the warm material of the woman. They went silent at the sight of her clothes, and her sword, she smirked at the Black Knight. She bowed to the Prince and King showing her blood red hair which was pulled into a bun with two daggers stabbed into it to keep it up.

"Shall we begin?" she asks taking a fighting stance her eyes dancing like flames.

"As you wish," he says before going to make the first move which she jumps away from, this goes on for a while. He attacks while she dodges them, then for a moment the froze just staring at each other, and like lightning she struck, sending his helmet flying, showing a black wrinkled face of the wraith, many woman screamed at the sight, but the knights and royalty seemed unfazed. 

One second later she quickly attacked pushing him back and around, sticking fast and hard until his sword was on the floor at his feet and she held her sword to his neck, "*Ut reduces undo maledictio. Per potentiam mitto vos mortem in inferos quo tu nunc manebo." She thrusts the sword into his neck and a wind blows through the arena, the wraith looks to the sky and screams as his body turns into ashes, his armor and his sword do the same as the wind carries the ashes up from the body up into the sky and away from Camelot.

"Sorcerer!" the Prince yells drawing his sword as the others do the same, she stares at him confused for a moment, "Knights, arrest the sorcerer." the knights jump over the rail and begin to surround her, Uther was too busy being proud of his son to notice her being surrounded to be arrested and eventually killed.

She was glaring at Uther she didn't notice the knight behind her lunging and slicing her upper arm, Uther yells out grabbing the spot she had just been cut at, "What curse have you put on my father!?"

"I have put no curse on your father, if anything he cursed me," she says sending the man a glare, "Well, I will remember this is the thanks I get for saving all of you beef-witted cacodemons than this is the last time I save you!" she hisses before disappearing from the arena, Merlin sighs staring over at Arthur who was sending out guards to search for the sorceress.

Uther couldn't say anything, if he showed weakness now then every sorcerer would assume if they saved Camelot - even from their own magic - they would be pardonded. He couldn't allow that, and it was her own fault for using her magic in front of them all. 

Magdelena grabbed the sword that Kilgarrah made and made her way down to his cave where he seemed to be waiting, "I didn't use it but I refuse to allow such a sword to stay in Camelot."

"You are smarter than your years," he says staring at her proudly, "Take it somewhere where no one can get to it ever again." She nods her head at him before heading out into the forest, and began to look around from a place to put it where no one could ever get to it again. She comes to a lake which was large and deep, she grabbed the handle and threw it out into the middle of the lake and watched it sink down. 

She waited till she was sure it wouldn't float up before she left the forest and headed back to Camelot, where she was sure she was going to hear three leachures. One from Gaius for being so careless with her powers, one from Merlin for getting cut and not getting Gaius' help imediatly after it happened, and one from Uther for one getting him hurt and for putting him in a place where he had to send out knights on a wild goose chase where they would never catch the sorcerer.

*I undo the curse that brought you back. By the power of death I send you back to the afterlife where you will stay henceforth.