Chapter Seventeen

17. Their Greatest Fear Is Death

"The land of eternal youth. Mortals are only supposed to glimpse it the moment before death,"  Gaius says as Magdelena enters the chambers, she walks further in having put away Uther's now clean clothes. 

"Well, I've seen it and I'm still here," Merlin says, she walked more into they still hadn't taken notice of her yet.

"Extraordinary. What did it look like?" Gaius asks in awe, Avalon was only a story that people heard of as he said they glimpse it right before they die. 

"Does it matter? They're going to sacrifice Arthur and we don't even know who "they" are yet," Merlin says a bit annoyed with the man that he was more concerned with what he saw then what they were doing at the 

"We do now," he walked over to one of the desks, Merlin following, and opened a book she appears behind him looking down at the book, "I found writing like this on the top of Aulfric's staff. It's Ogham, an ancient script. Abas ocus bithe. Duthectad bithlane. "To hold life and death in your hands." From the writing on his staff and what you saw at the lake, I'm afraid I'm now certain." 

"The Sidhe," she says making them both jump, having not seen her enter not heard anything to alert them of her presence.

"That does not sound like a good thing," Merlin says looking between the old man and the young girl who was looking up into the sky with a thoughtful look.

"They're masters of enchantments," Gaius explains a worried expression graces his features. 

"You think Arthur's been enchanted?"

Gaius nods as he speaks, "Almost certainly. I'm afraid Morgana's dream is coming true," Magdelena snapped her fingers letting out a laugh. 

"If they are going through this much trouble for eternal life," she says sharing a look with Merlin and Gaius, "Death would be their greatest fear."

"That would be very risking trying to sneak into their room," Gaius says concerned for the girl's safety, "if someone saw you."

"Not if I enter the girl's dream, perhaps I could even bring them both into one dream," she says thinking, she looks at the two, they share a look and they both nod their heads agreeing to her plan. She goes to her bed and lays down, reaching out to see if they were asleep, which she was lucky that they were. 

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Sophie looked to her left to see her father looking just as confused as she felt, they stood in a room the only light was from above them circling them in just enough light to see each other and a few inches in each direction, "Welcome," a voice says as the room lights up with torches on the wall showing a woman sitting sideways, two large stone skulls were carved into the stone, the back was large and covered in black cloth. 

"Who are you?" the man asks putting an arm in front of his daughter in a protective stance, "What are we doing here?" 

"I have come to warn you," the woman says standing, she wore a long black skirt which went up on to her stomach which was covered in a black shirt which had lace sleeves, her shoulders were covered in a black cloak which went to her butt. She had leather boots on with thin high heels which were laced to her ankles, her hair which was a reddish brown seemed to glow as her eyes were glowing like a fire. Her eyes were black minus the inner corner which was a red, as were her lips, "I know what you have planned with the Prince." 

"You know nothing! You are no one!" the man yelled, his daughter looked frightened as she stared at the woman who sent her a small smile which offered no reassurance, "This is a dream!"