Chapter Forty-Two

42. Death Acts Out

When she came from Merlin's bedchambers she was now in new clothes she wore dark leather pants which were laced up the sides and went up to her belly button tied with string to keep them up. She wore black boots which stuck to her feet thanks to two tight buckles, they had thick heels with the ridges cut into the bottom gave her the tractions to walk and climb and fight in them. She wore a black belt looking top which had brass buttons all the way up to her chest where a collar wrapped around her neck, along with a black cloak which was clasped to her with a golden metal clasp.

Along with her messy ponytail Gaius knew what she was planning, "Maggie you can't, the only thing that can kill death is when the new death is born," Gaius says not really understanding what she was planning on doing. 

"I can if I give my powers to someone else," she says taking a deep breath, "Just know I will miss you, Gaius, you were the parent I never had."

"What about Uther!?" Gaius calls just as she arrived at the door, "The bond, you will kill him as well."

"I already took care of that," she says before throwing open the door and running from the chambers and all the way through the halls, to the courtyard down to the lower town and to the gates then onwards to the forest she never spared a look behind her knowing tears and hesitation waited should she dare turn around. 

Meanwhile back at the palace, Gaius was trying to find something to ease a small amount of pain he was sure Hunith was feeling at the moment when Merlin rushed in looking around, "Where is Magdelena? Uther has been looking around for her and asked me if I knew where she was." Gaius stays quiet as he tries to finish his potion, "Gaius where is she?"

"I am not sure she wanted me to tell you," he says unsure he continues to stare at the heating liquid. 

"Let me guess she went to sulk in the forest?" Merlin says throwing his hands in the air annoyed, "She can't run away from her powers, doesn't she know that?" 

"She isn't sulking in the forest! She is heading to the Isle of the Blessed to cure Hunith by killing herself!" Gaius says slamming the glass bottle on the wooden table. 

"She can't die," Merlin says, "Plus she is bonded to Uther."

"He is protected and she can if she gives her powers to someone else," Merlin sudden;y panics and runs to his room packing a few things, coming out Gaius hands him a small pouch of medicines and food before Merlin take off running hoping to catch his sister in time before she does something stupid. 

Nimueh watches as the darkly dressed woman appears looking around till she spotted the female in the red, watching her like a hawk watches her prey, "I never thought you would come to visit me." 

"Yes well I never expected my brother to hate me cause you decided to kill our mother," she says hissing at the woman she hated with every fiber of her soul, "Do you know why I am here? Or do I need to spell it out for you?"

"You wish me to exchange your life for your mother's," Nimueh says smiling cruelly at the girl who stared at the sorceress with a bored expression. 

"Yes, now are you going to take it? I know you crave it, you have wanted to kill me since I found you leading the prince to his death in the forest after you poisoned Merlin," Magdelena said scowling at Nimueh now, "You can't deny it either. I can feel you want my death."

"Fine then," Nimueh says, "If that is what you really want." 

Nimueh we began to chant something and Magdelena felt herself slowly become weaker, she fell down onto her hands and knees, she began to feel her throat closing as she gasped for air. Her head began to pound as if the bells in Camelot were ringing in her head. Her arms and legs began to feel weak and she collapsed on the ground as she gasped for air.