10

*Farrah's POV*

"Come on Farrah, you need to concentrate." Rosalind said behind me. I screw my eyes shut and picture Elora. I threw every ounce of my energy into that picture, and I heard Rosalind gasp. I opened my eyes and in front of me was a mirage, it was of a giant castle, or at least that's what I think it was. The image was extremely blurry, but it was a start.

"Rosie, do you know where this is?" I turned towards her, but as soon as I turned my focus from the charm, the image dissipated.

"I think so, but I could only know for certain if the image was clear." She looked paler than usual. Then, an idea popped into my head.

"I need to blow off some steam, do you know how to fight?" I asked, she shook her head, "Every woman needs to know how to protect herself, here, I can teach you." She nodded in agreement, and I gave her a spare piece of leather to tie back her rich coal hair.

I went out to the edge of the woods and pick up a fairly straight branch and snapped the twigs off as I walked back over to her. Once she nodded at me, signaling that she was ready, I spoke up. "Try and disarm me."

She nervously approached me and looked at me with her doe eyes, I nodded, and held out my stick and swung it very slowly. She slapped my hand and I burst out laughing. She started to giggle too and, soon enough, we were on the grass laughing.

"I'm so sorry!" She said in between bouts of laughter.

"It's fine, it's just that was the first time anyone had tried to disarm me by slapping my wrists like an angry school teacher."

"Gods, I'm so embarrassed." She said, covering her flaming cheeks. I rolled over to her and sat up. I moved her hands from her face,

"Don't be." I answered softly, my heart beating loudly in my chest. Our eyes met and we stayed there for gods know how long. She bit her bottom lip, and something electric passed through my body. I jumped back, as Rosalind was literally shocking me with tiny lightning bolts through our connected hands.

"Oh my goodness I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed sitting up. I shook my head and stood up. I extended my hand out to her, and helped pull her up.

"Come on, let's try again. But this time, try not to slap my wrists."

By sundown, she could pretty much disarm me without trouble. "Come on, I want to show you something." She said, tugging on my wrist, I oblige smiling like a fool.

She took me inside, and up a ladder that lead to the roof. She lead me to a flat spot that faced west, and we curled up on it, our legs and shoulder brushing against one another in jolts of warmth.

"I've been thinking..." She said, after some time.

"Yeah?"

"I know where that castle is," She said, looking at me. Her eyes had a twinge of sadness, but also the fire of determination.

"Where is it?"

"I'll tell you, but I want to come with."

"Whoever has Elora is most likely not the most charitable of people. It's not going to be safe, and hell, you can't even use a sword properly."

"I have my magic, and I haven't been out of this village since I was a girl."

"I want to keep you safe, Rosie. I could never live with myself if you got hurt." She grabbed my chin and turned my head so we were looking each other in the eye.

"And I could never live with myself if I just let you walk away." Tears sprung into her beautiful eyes, and I tucked a rebellios curl behind her ear.

I touched my forehead to hers, fingers tangling in her hair, our warms breaths intermingling. We sat like that, in intimate silence, until the stars had reached their peak in the velvet night sky.

Finally I pulled back, breaking the silence with a roguish smile, "I could use the company."

**N/A hey friends! It's Merritt, I'm on my way to camp! I really hope you guys are enjoying this story! I also hope you all are doing well. Thank you guys for supporting us! Cya next week!**