19

*Elora's POV*

I woke up to the sun shining into my room. I groaned and pulled the blankets over my head, Farrah probably opened them. She loves the 'natural sunlight waking her up in the morning and wants me to do it too.'

"Oh good! You're up now!" Apparently she was sitting in my room waiting for me to wake up, "Come on! It's your first day back! You need to visit mom and dad, go into town to see everyone who thought you were dead-"

"You know that if the townspeople see me they will probably take me back to the winnowing." I interrupted.

"No, they said that you were dead."

"But once people find out that I'm not dead they probably going to want me to be sacrificed like I was supposed to be."

"Well you can't stay locked up in this house for the rest of your life."

"Fine, but if I die because of you, I will come back and haunt you. I will cockblock you and your girlfriend."

"She's not my girlfriend." She told me.

"Mhm. If you say so." I teased.

I flipped the blankets off of me and then stood up on the floor, to be preceded by me falling.

"Elora!" Farrah exclaimed and helped me up, "Are you okay?"
"Yeah I'm fine. Just a little dizzy all of a sudden." I went to my closet and got changed out of these ripped up clothes. I grabbed a loose tunic top and a pair of comfortable trousers.

I bolted to the bath, finally being able to take one after all this time. I stayed in there for probably an hour until Farrah came in.

"Are you still alive in there?" She asked.

I laughed, "Unfortunately, yes."

"Well you need to come out now, we need to practice your fighting skills. You have to learn to take Vivian down if she tries to do anything again once they come back."

"I thought we were going into town." I said to her while turning off the water. I grabbed the towel I had laid out and wrapped it around me and stepped out of the tub. I didn't mind that Farrah was in the bathroom with we, we did this all the time. That way we save bathroom time and get done quicker.

"I was thinking, we need to work on your fighting skills before we go out. You're weak right now and you need to gain your strength. Plus what if one of the royal forces see you. You need to be able to fight."

I sighed, she was right, so I put on my clothes and finished getting ready. I grabbed my leather fingerless gloves and put them on. We headed down to the training room.

We practiced for a good two hours on hard mode again, both of us gasping for air as we laid on the floor.

"You didn't lose very much skill when you were with Caden." Farrah admitted.

"Well I hope so, I practiced in my cell whenever I was there. Just did some kicks and swings."

"Any magic?" She asked.

"Not really, but I did hurt his sister. I was so pissed at her that it just surged through me. It was weird." I told her. We sat up and she looked at me confused.

"So you did use some magic?"

I made a small smile, "Yeah, I guess I did."

She instantly hugged me, "I'm so proud of you!"

"Thanks Farrah, let's go clean up and hit that town, just like you said."

We put all our equipment away and headed back upstairs. I changed out of my sweaty clothes into a white tunic and some short breeches with some soft leather boots. I put on my gloves again and grabbed a brown cloak. Farrah made a note of it since someone will probably recognize me.