17

*Caden's POV*

I woke up colder than what I was at the beginning of the night. I felt around the side of the bed that Elora was on to pull her closer. But I couldn't find her. I sat up quickly and opened my eyes. She wasn't even there.

I ran to Vivian's room, to see she was still asleep. Good, at least she wasn't harming her. I went to my mom's room. She wasn't in there either. The good thing is she isn't being harmed by anyone in my family.

I looked around the rest of the house and couldn't find her anywhere. I started to panic. I went back to my room and to use a locating spell. I went into my bathroom and filled my sink up with water. I used the locating spell and saw that she was walking on a path with another girl who had a horse on a lead.

I used the same power as I did when I first brought Elora here. I shot into the sky and I landed on the ground in front of them.

"Caden?" Elora asked. She was wearing clothes that were a bit big for her. I assumed they were this girl's clothes who she was next to.

The girl next to her pulled out a sword from behind her back and started to run after me.

"No! Farrah!" She didn't listen and I started to choke her with my magic. No one takes Elora from me.

Elora ran over to me, "Caden! Caden stop it right now!" I didn't listen.

"That's my sister!" She yelled at me.

I instantly stopped. Her sister fell to the ground, gasping for air. Elora ran to her and got on her knees to make sure she was okay.

"I should've slit his throat when I had the chance." She said to Elora, with her cold jade eyes glaring daggers at me.

Elora shrugged and helped her sister up, "Caden, this is my sister Farrah. Farrah, Caden."

"What! Do I not get a title?" I joked.

"You don't deserve one, you sadistic bastard" Farrah growled still glaring at me. I rolled my eyes at her. She turned to her horse and they kept walking.

"Come on Elora, let's go back home." I held out my hand for her.

Farrah stopped in her tracks and turned around, "That hell hole isn't her home, and not even Iara herself could make me put her through that torture ever again."

"Elora! Didn't you tell her that it was all Vivian? Not me?" I was worried.

She looked down, "I mean, not everything was just Vivian. You put me through some shit too, just not as bad as her." She admitted.

I didn't even realize I had hurt her like that, "Elora, I'm so sorry." I went over to hug her, but Farrah stepped in my path, blocking her from me.

"There's no way in hell you're touching her. You could easily hug her and then fly out of here, just the same as the way you showed up."

I mean, she wasn't wrong, but I didn't even think about doing that.

"She has to be around me." I told her.

"She doesn't have to do shit."

"If she's not around me for a certain amount of time she will die."

"You're just saying that to take her back."

"I'm not lying!"

"We'll take our chances." Farrah said. Why is she making the choices for Elora? She hated when Vivian or I did that. However, she wasn't disputing anything.

I explained everything that happened and the spell, "Trust me."

"How long can she be away from you?"

"I-I don't know..."

"You don't even know your own spell works?!" Farrah laughed incredulously and muttered a curse under her breath.

"I never had to use it before!"

"Yeah, because you've never wanted to save anyone in your life." The horse made a noise and Farrah laughed.

"Palaquin agrees with her." Elora told me.

"Anyway, it's your fault that you have to use it in the first place. I don't get why you didn't stop Vivian sooner instead of letting her almost kill Eli."

I looked down. She was right, I should've done something sooner. Just then, a lightbulb went off in my head.

"Everyone, hop on the horse." I told them. I moved around Farrah and lifted Elora on the horse. Once she was on I went to get Farrah.

She held her hand up, "Don't touch me. And besides he's my horse" She swung her foot around her horse and got on by herself.

I looked at Farrah, "I'm going to fly us out of here and to your house."

"Hold on, lover boy. There's someone we need to get." Farrah said.

"Why do we need to pick someone up?" Elora asked.

"Remember the girl I told her about before?" Farrah asked. Elora nodded, "I promised to come back for her, and I won't let your psychopathic boyfriend break that."

She told me the town Rosie was in and I flew us to her. We picked her up on the horse and then we went to her house.