One Hundred and Ninety Days Before 

...

"You know what we need?"

Luise was sat in the doctors lounge, slouched down, long legs splayed out on the couch. Luna was stood at the kitchenette, pouring boiling water over her instant noodles.

Although the other didn't reply, Luise continued anyway, "drama. Something to shake up our lives so we can have some fun, it's getting boring around here."

Luna sighed as she stirred the container, "stop, I still have PTSD from when you said that the last time, have you forgotten the horror that ended up happening?"

Luise grinned to herself, she crossed her arms, "come on it wasn't that bad, she still married him anyway."

Luna rolled her eyes as she sat next to the other, "you weren't saying that when she was threatening to throw you under a bus."

"Shut up, look you know I'm right, we need us some spice in our lives."

Luna grimaced as she took a bite of her too hot noodles, burning her tongue in the process, "no, we don't. And what do you mean it's getting boring here?! You just removed 4 barbie shoes from a kids nose, come on thats exciting!"

She widened her eyes in mock amusement while Luise stood to leave, a smirk appearing on her face, "yeah yeah whatever. Look I might need help in a minute, theres a patient with MS coming in today."

Luna saluted her friend with her chopsticks, "yes sir."

——————————

Luna made her way down the ward, the white walls too bright under the halogen lights. Her trainers sometimes squeaking as she walked on the freshly polished floor. 

She had been assigned the multiple sclerosis patient, the file open with her as she walked to the room, eyes scanning the information on the pages.

She knocked on the door of room 98, confident as always. 

The door opened revealing a man in his late thirties,

"Hello Doctor." He smiled weakly, red eyes crinkling at the edges.

Luna smiled as she walked into the room, moving to the patients bed, "good morning, my name is Dr Alim, I'll be overseeing your stay here."

Luna noticed two children also in the room, a boy and a girl, perhaps twins five or six years old. They looked perplexed, as if they have no idea what's going on. Luna looked towards the patient and understood why.