열둘

12

Being Human

...

What on earth was I thinking?

Yeah lets run away to Korea, that'll solve all my problems.

I sloppily step through my apartment like a cave woman, blanket draped over my shoulders, tissue box in hand. My freezing endeavour last night sparked up a party for the pathogens in my body, and now I have a cold.

At first I tried to fight it like I always do, popped a couple of pills, ate a large bowl of peas, drank a lot of green tea.

But... *sigh* - What's the point? I have a cold, so I have a cold. It's not going anywhere.

Neither is that court sentence. 

Although it's exhausting to admit it to myself, Luise's news will be the most dominant thing on my mind for god knows how long. The last three months were a nice vacation from those thoughts, if anything.

I should just enjoy my life here while I still can. 

And, like I said, nothing's going to change right now. So, I'll get back to work.

Hurdle number one. I open the curtains to a pleasant yet irritating shock. 

It's snowing. Hard.

I do a diagnostic check on my body. Nose is running, head is aching, throat is scratching. 

I don't want to.

I call Jinseo, she answers straight away, "Luna! Did you see your email! I'm so glad, I didn't want to go outside in this weather."

"What email?" I cough out the question as I open my laptop,

"Because of the snow, we don't have to go in!"

Oh, that email... I was too busy crying to check my emails. 

"Oh-" *cough* "thats great!"

"Oh no, Luna you're sick. I knew you looked awful last night." I can hear the worry in her voice,

"No no Jin I'm fine-"

"You are not fine! I'm calling Kiah, we're spending the day with you today."