마흔 둘

42

Shallow 

...

"Would you like another drink madam?"

"Yes please, thank you."

The air hostess hands me a glass of juice. Is it orange, apple, lemon? Who knows by this point, all I can think of is how much I want to be at the other end of this plane. With the other normal poor people.

Of course it was going to be first class. I had been so engrossed in my thoughts that it was only once we entered the first class lounge at the airport, with its golden floors, tall green plants and extravagant lights, that I'd realised something very important.

I'm going on a trip, with Park Jungwoo. CEO and millionaire (I think) from South Korea.

So yes Luna. Of course it was going to be first class.

I down the drink, trying hard not to look at the beautiful model and her sugar daddy sat across from us, her long beautiful hair silkier than my future.

"You've had two glasses of orange juice in the last half hour."

I look to my boss with an irritated, confused look on my face, "Well, she keeps asking me?!"

He widens his eyes in sarcastic incredulity, "You don't have to say yes!"

Sighing, I close my eyes, "I don't even want to think about how much you paid for this flight and, since you wont let me pay you back, I'm going to get my money's worth."

He purses his lips, trying to maintain a blank face and not laugh at my obvious uncomfortableness, "It's a business trip. The company paid."

"I don't care how you phrase it daepyonim [Mr Park]." I get up, exhaling in exasperation, "Now excuse me, I need to pee. Again."

Just as I pass him, he grabs my wrists, tugging me towards him so suddenly that I lose my balance, my hands landing on his shoulders. My eyes widen in surprise as I try to pull back, but his hold on me doesn't soften.

Painfully aware of where my knee now perches on his chair, I look down into his eyes that are centimetres away, my hair brushing at the skin of his neck. I notice that something dangerous has spread across his dark brown irises, his plump lips parted ever so slightly.