열셋

13

Why?

...

Thankfully the cold ended up being so mild that I was able to shake it off after a couple of days.

Everyone had been so overjoyed that I was better, that I felt as though I had just won the lottery or something. It was such a big deal in fact, that it warranted a celebratory chimaek [fried chicken and beer] dinner on a Thursday.

I knew that I had woken up a little later than usual this morning, after having stayed up until 4am playing Cluedo with a tipsy Jinseo and a completely out-of-it Kiah. I just didn't know how much later.

When I open my eyes I see that I forgot to shut the curtains in my room, the bright sunlight illuminating and warming my bedsheets. As I stretch, my arm comes into contact with something warm and soft...

It takes approximately four seconds for my brain to figure out that its skin, and that it doesn't belong to me,

"AHH-" I yell in shock as I register Kiah's face sleeping on the other end of my pillow. 

She jumps awake, hitting her head on the bed frame, "owww, Luna... shhh Jaebal [please]..."

"Sorry," I begin to whisper back when I hear snickering coming from behind me, I turn slowly, shooting daggers at the other figure that lays on the other side of my bed.

I sit up abruptly, "ya. I thought I told you both to sleep on the sofa-bed."

Jinseo stretches her legs under the duvet before groaning and sitting up, "I don't remember the 'sofa' part."

The other shuffles in bed before mumbling, "neither do I..."

"yeah yeah..." I yawn as I stand and step off of the bed, my eyes wandering to the clock on the wall,

"OH MY GOD!"

"Shhhh why do you keep shouting do you always shout like this in the morning?!" Kiah has sat up in bed, her bob now a messy beehive.

Jinseo's eyes widen as she realises too, she stumbles out of bed and runs into the living room. I make a beeline to the bathroom while Kiah still sits in bed wondering what's going on. 

A minute later I'm washing my face when I hear her yell and run out of the room.

We're supposed to start work at nine. It's ten fifteen. And it'll take us a half hour to get to the office by bus from here. I'm one leg into my trousers when Jinseo shouts from the bathroom,