스물 하나

21

One Hundred and Ten Days Before

...

Luna hadn't had a break in 11 hours.

Her muscles were numb, her head was foggy, her breathing was shallow.

She missed her bed, all it's plump pillows and it's comfy duvet, all waiting for her at home if she ever made it out of this hospital, alive.

She was practically limping down the hallway, when the consultant in charge passed her, "ah Dr Alim! You can go now, but please just check on your MS patient."

A light flurry of relief flooded through the young doctors chest as she nodded at her senior, "no problem, thank you."

———————————————

When she reached Grace's door on the other side of the ward, Luna knocked softly before entering.

"Good morning Grace, I hope you-"

Luna stopped mid-sentence when she saw her patient.

She was propped up in bed, the covers tossed on the floor, the back of her hospital gown wet, along with the bedsheet underneath her.

Luna then registered Grace's husband as he was trying to lift his wife onto her wheelchair.

"I'll call the nurse, this is nothing to worry abou-"

"We don't trust any of you. I'm taking her myself."

"Mr Adams, it's better if she stays here, the nurses know what they're doing,"

"Why did you come in without knocking!?"

Luna was taken aback by his sudden change of subject and his raise in volume, her heart jumping in her chest along with it.