스물 둘

22

First Impressions

...

I'm late, I'm late I'm late I'm late, I'm late I'm late I'm laaaaate, I'm LAT-

"Unnie [big sis]! Jebal [please]!"

"What?"

"You're singing that out loud."

Kiah holds her head in her hands, feigning a look of horror and distress.

"Oh sorry!"

I pick up our used mugs and semi-run over to the kitchenette, my new favourite song still stuck in my head.

I'm supposed to be taking Mrs Jeon to a hospital appointment for her hip. Jungkook is dropping her off here in five minutes and I haven't done half of the things I needed to do before I leave.

An analysis runs through my head, do I need to submit that summary today? I mean, do I really need to...?

My eyes wander to Mr Jang's desk as I place the mugs in the dishwasher. Still a mess as always. Chances are that if I don't submit it, no one will notice so...

I notice that the supervisor has seen me looking at his desk, his eyes becoming wide as a look of relief washes over his face. "Luna-ssi!" [ssi is an honorific used by colleagues] "I need you to run an errand for me!"

I pretend I don't hear him as I 'accidentally' slam the dishwasher door, quickly turning and taking long strides back to my desk.

"Luna-ssi!"

Nope

Of course, he simply continues to scuttle along behind me.

"Luna-ssi!"

I groan internally and try not to grit my teeth when I answer, "yes sir?"