Amnisea

"Come on Kit! Pick it up!" Ms. Road screams over top of the music. "You has this choreography yesterday, what happened?" She asks obviously annoyed. "Class dismissed, Kit a word."

I take a sip from my water bottle and make my way to where Ms. Road is standing. "What happened love? You know that choreography."

"I'm sorry Ms. Road I'm just having a bad day." This is a very true fact. My oldest brother has become more distant, and my first competition is in a week. He always comes and watches my dance.

Ms. Road sighs "Well I'm sorry to hear that Kit, but you have to leave that out side when you come into the studio. Understood?"

"Understood." I drop my head a walk out of the studio quietly, well except or the sound of my pointe shoes. I quickly escape to the change room and start pulling the body pins out of my head. My phone lights up with a text from Harry.

"I'm out front with Paddy and Sam. Mum and dad are on a date" I quickly pull on my sweater and shoes knowing that if I'm not quick, I'll be left behind. It's happened before. I hang my Nike bag off my shoulder and make my way out of the dance studio. The boys are all waiting in the car, Sammy's reaching into the back seat while Paddy laughs at him. Harry is sitting in the drivers seat, looks like he's trying to contain them. I run/ bounce up to the car and tap on the window, Paddy and Sammy both jump. But harry remains unfazed. I open the door and get in, Paddy slides over to make room for me.

   "How was dance Kit?" Harry asks using my childhood nickname. He pulls out of the studio parking lot, and into traffic.

   "Oh it was fine, just practicing for the competition next week. Has anyone herd from Tom?" I ask curiously taking my hair out of the ponytail, letting it fall down my back. Sammy looks at Harry and softly whispers, 'what do we tell her?' They talk quietly

   "Tell me what?" I ask, having as mum would call 'a blond moment'. Sammy turns around in his seat to face me, "Kit, Toms not coming back for your competition."

   •••

   When I walk through the door, I drop my dance bag. Harry trips over it, it's funny. I head to the kitchen and start pulling out all the baking ingredients. The boys all look concerned but they know not to bug me when I'm baking.

   Simple chocolate chips cookies will do. I pull out the almond milk - I'm lactose intolerant - and the coconut flakes. It doesn't take me long to make cookies, so I'm in and out of the kitchen in twenty minutes. While the cookies are baking I clean the bowl, and I lick the extra batter off the spoon. When the oven timer beeps I take the tray out of the oven, I set the cookies on a cooling tray and head straight to my bedroom. I change out of my Bodysuit, into normal street clothes. I sit on my bed with my headphones jammed in my ears.

   "Kit can we come in?" Paddy asks from outside my bedroom door. I pull out my head phones and slide off my bed, I open the door to find three out of my four brothers standing there. Sammy holding a tray of cookies, Harry and Paddy standing next to him. I walk back to my bed and sit down, the boys follow me in and assume there normal positions. Paddy next to me on the bed, Harry in my desk chair and Sammy on my reading chair. They set the cookie platter on my desk and Paddy immediately grabs one. We sit silently, nobody speaks. We listen to the rain falling against my bedroom window.

   Another thing you should know about me is that I like to sing, I also play the guitar. But the only people that know are my family, except for Tom. It always sits in the same place in my room. In between my desk and closet. I walk over and pick it up, then I pull back down on my bed again.

   I slowly start strumming, 5 seconds of summer - an Australian boy bands - song amnesia.

"I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted
I thought about our last kiss, how it felt the way you tasted
And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine
Are you somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you?
When he says those words that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you?
Sometimes I start to wonder, was it just a lie?
If what we had was real, how could you be fine?
'Cause I'm not fine at all
I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape
'Cause I'm not fine at all
The pictures that you sent me they're still living in my phone
I'll admit I like to see them, I'll admit I feel alone
And all my friends keep asking why I'm not around
It hurts to know you're happy, yeah, it hurts that you've moved on
It's hard to hear your name when I haven't seen you in so long
It's like we never happened, was it just a lie?
If what we had was real, how could you be fine?
'Cause I'm not fine at all
I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape
If today I woke up with you right beside me
Like all of this was just some twisted dream
I'd hold you closer than I ever did before
And you'd never slip away
And you'd never hear me say
I remember the day you told me you were leaving
I remember the make-up running down your face
And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them
Like every single wish we ever made
I wish that I could wake up with amnesia
And forget about the stupid little things
Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you
And the memories I never can escape
'Cause I'm not fine at all
No, I'm really not fine at all
Tell me this is just a dream
'Cause I'm really not fine at all"

   Paddy's the first one to speak "You know he wants to be here Kit." I set the guitar down on the floor and Paddy snuggles up to my side.

   "It's not like he's purposely trying to miss it, you know he wouldn't do that." Harry adds, Sammy just nods with everything they say.

   "I appreciate you guys trying to cheer me up I really do. But lately Tom has been breaking more promises than I can count on my fingers. It's not the same without all of us here." Sam and Harry both stand up to leave. They both gently kiss my cheek, before leaving the room. Paddy stays behind a minuet, he wraps his small arms around me.

   "He loves you Kit, more than he loves us sometimes." He grabs another cookie before running out of my room. I love my brothers, more than anything else.

   A/N
I'm back! Welcome back to brand new story! Thought I try something different from an adoption story. First note,
• if any of you have any suggestions for chapters please let me know! It would be so helpful to write what you guys want.

Rock on beauties!