Beverly Blues

The days after my fainting scare Tom became very observant, it was sweet that he cared but it became annoying. When he called mum to tell her what happened, she was upset and then threatened to take dance away if I didn't take better care of myself.

"Kit time to switch the gauze." Tom said poking his head into my bedroom. He's referring to the 3 stitches just below my eyebrow, that are being cover by a large gauze square that's taped to my face.

I get up off my bed and wander into the loo, I push myself onto the counter. And start pulling the tape off on my eye. Tom and I have fallen into a routine, every two days I take off the old Gauze and then Tom puts new stuff on for me. I have to wear the gauze for two weeks while the stitches heal. Just in time for our trip to Canada. After Canada Tom and I go home for a few weeks, and then he goes away for filming. I peel the last of the tape, and squint as my eye try's to adjust.

Tom comes in to help me change the gauze, "you all packed and ready?" He asks ripping a new piece of tape.

"Just about, I'm going to miss staying here." I sigh, Tom finishes taping the last side and he helps me off the counter.

"I know you will, but you can always come back to visit. Fancy and Ice Lolly?" He asks,

"As long as there's no dairy." With a smile and nod Tom, he confirms that there's nothing that will give me sever stomach cramps.

Tom, Tessa and I sit out on the terrace eating ice Lolly. He tells me about filming, and all the places he gets to go.

"I'm jealous, your passport has more stamps than mum's deli card." I state, biting the top of the ice Lolly.

"You'll get to see the world too, if you hop on the train you can be in a new country by lunch time."

"I know." I answer, "Hey chin up Kit, we leave for Vancouver in two days. The stitches come out tomorrow."

"Ya, but I've become a living pirate for the last two weeks." I complain pointing to the gauze, Tom thinks for a minuet the stands up and walks into his flat.

"What are you doing you wanker?" I call after him into the flat. I look down at Tessa at scratch her behind her ears. A moment later Tom comes back to the terrace, with a gauze square over his eye. I laugh, "Tom what are you doing!"

"We can be pirates together," he pulls his phone out "come lets take a picture for mum." Tom and I take a selfie for mum, and then I go to pack my suitcase.

   While I pack I ring Matilda, it rings and rings until finally she picks up.

   "Hi Kit, how are things?" She asks, sounding pre- occupied

   "Well still a pirate, but we leave for Vancouver in two days. Mal, what are you doing?"

She looks up, "sorry sorry, I've just, Can I call you later?"

   "Sure, call me when you can." I say, she responds quickly and ends the call. Tessa wanders in with her squeaky toy. "Well that was odd, wasn't it Tess!" She tilts her head at me and her tail wags. It's like she knows what I'm saying, but that would be ridiculous.

   I spend the rest of the day, packing my things. It's been a fun month I've been so spoilt spending this much time with Tom. Going back home and not seeing him every day is going to be an adjustment, but I will be okay. I still have three other brothers to annoy.