Someone Tell Her

"Just hold still," I squeal "it would be over faster."
   "Kiiiittt-" Tom whines. He's sitting on a kitchen stool his hair pulled back with a little clip.

   Tonight one of Toms co-stars is having a costume party. But it's not a traditional one, you're supposed to do super fancy costume makeup. If it's not clear, Tom is not to happy about it.

   "Dweeb just hold still and let Kit put makeup on you!" Zendaya chimes in from the table, she came over to lend me some brushes that I don't have.

   I gesture my hand in her direction, "see listen to her. If you stop whining, I'll be done in half an hour tops" I say. Tom sighs but complies. In his words he wanted his makeup to be, "sophisticated and scary" all at the same time. So I went with a skeleton.

   Tom is already in his suit, so to prevent it from getting dirty we covered him in towels. I outlined his eyes, tip of his nose and his cheeks then fill them in with black. I paint the rest of his face entirely white, then I shade in his lips.

   I quickly spray some setting spray in his face which makes him jump. "Sorry-" I help him sit up, "well you look terrifying." I say holding up a mirror so that he can see.

"Woah Kit this looks amazing! What do you think," he asks Zendaya spinning on his heel to face her

"I stand with Kit, terrifying" Zendaya stands an plucks her bag off the back of the chair. I quickly clean her brushes, and hand them back to her.

   "My car is here-" mutters Zendaya looking down at her phone "I'll see you both soon"

   "Bye!" I call after her as she walks out the door, Tom pulls on his suit jacket and slides his phone in his pocket. I brush past him and start cleaning up my makeup.

   "Are you sure your going to be okay by yourself? I can have Haz come over if you want," offers Tom. I shake my head, and shut the clasp of my makeup box.

   "I will be fine, I've got Tessa with me and it's not like I'm planing to roam the streets." I reassure, my voice wide with sarcasm. Well just on the last part.

   "Okay, just lock the door and text me when you're going to bed." He bends over and kisses my cheek.

"I will, have fun! And get cab!" Tom shuts the door behind himself, and I'm left alone. I finish cleaning my mess and then turn the telly on. "A friends marathon sounds good, doesn't it Tess?" Her long grey tail wags in agreement.

I start on season 3, because it's the best season. I order myself some takeout, and change into comfy clothes. Brewing myself some tea, I try to remember the last time I felt this calm and at peace.

When the food is delivered I pay the guy, and lock the door after him. I sit on the couch and share to much food with Tess, "don't tell Tom," I say to her.

   Later, when then sun kisses the sea goodnight, I clean up my mess and hop into the shower. I wash my hair, pulling the knots out with a comb afterwords. As I walk around the house shutting lights off, I brush my teeth. Multi tasking, it's great. I text Tom goodnight then I crawl underneath of the covers.

   Since I've been in LA I've made it a habit to fall asleep with the window open. I do it so that the breeze can blow in, and help keep the room cool. Tessa jumps up on the bed with me and curls up behind my knees. That night I fall asleep peacefully, excited for tomorrow to get here, trust me, it can't get here fast enough.

A/n
   Happy summer vacation everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that on July second I'll be heading for Europe, for 2 weeks. And while I'm there I won't be able to post much. So I plan to get out at least one more chapter for all of you amazing readers.

Hope everyone enjoys their summer

Xo