Another Day of Sun - Part 2

I'm standing in Toms bathroom, washing the vomit from my hair with a facecloth. I brush my teeth and comb my thin dark brown hair. There's a tap from outside of the door,

   "Kit I'm going." Harrison says, "I'll see you tomorrow night." I open the door,

   "See you Haz." He kisses my cheek and pulls on his coat. He gives me a knowing look,

   "It will be alright Kit." I smile softly, I finish cleaning up in the bathroom, before going out to see Tom. I stare at myself in the mirror, trying to subside the feeling of nausea. I take a beep breath and walk out to the living room. Tom is standing there talking with Harrison.

The walls in Toms flat are covered with pictures.

   Pictures of Mum, dad, the twins, Patty and I. I recognize a few of them, the are the same ones Harry took the day we spent at the park. I see a picture of me dancing on the stage, with my solo. Ones of mum and dad, and my favourite picture of Patty from when he was two.

   "Are you feeling better?" Tom asks, once Harrison has left. I nod,

   "Much better yes. When did you get this picture?" I ask, pointing to the one of my solo. He smiles,

  "Dad sent it to me. Along with the videos of your dances, you are becoming a brilliant dancer Katie." He commends, "your room is down this way." He shows me down the hall towards a white door with a chalk board hanging on the front of it. It has 'Katie' scribbled across it in messy writing, Toms writing.

   "I know it's not much, but I tired to make it like your bedroom." The only things that is similar to my room at home, is the blankets on the bed.

  "Thanks Tom." I say, he looks over at me with his sad eyes.

  "Katie, what's wrong?" I sit down on the bed, and put my head in my hands. "Do you not like the room?"

   "It's not that Tom, It's just-" I glance out the sloping windows into the LA skyline. "Never mind, it's nothing."

   "If you're sure, I have something for you." He walks over to the closet and pulls out a Ukulele, with a silver bow in it. "Mum was telling me that you like to play."

   I smile at the simplicity of Toms gift. I smile and take it from his hands, "it's perfect thank you."

"Of course, Katie you know you can talk to me, right? I'm still your brother."

"I know," Tom starts to walk out of my temporary bedroom "Kit."

"Pardon."

"That's what everyone calls me - Kit."

•••

I woke up the next morning feeling extremely exhausted. Jet lag, super. The morning LA sun pours through the bedroom window, I stretch my body out on the bed. Man, I could get used to this. My phone says that it's, 7:46am, I rub my eyes with my hands.

I smell food. I sit up straight, it's smells like French toast! My utmost favourite thing in the entire universe! I quickly brush my hair and put on a bra. When I walk into the kitchen Tom is standing at the stove.

"Good morning." Tom greets, "Are you hungry?"

"Depends, did you make it with Almond milk?"

He smirks "you think I don't remember the last time I made you food with actual milk in it."

It was bad. I was throwing up so much that I had to be taken to the hospital.

"Ya, it was terrible, for me." Tom dips the bread in the pans, and drops the bread onto the griddle. "Tom," he turns his head around and looks at me softly.

"What is it Kit?" I wrap my arms around his torso, and hold onto him. He's hesitant for a moment before he hugs me back. "Kit are you okay?"

Squeezing my eyes shut and whisper "I missed you." Into his chest. I missed the way that he smells. Tom gently kisses the top of my head, and rubs his hand up and down my back.

"I missed you too, and I'm sorry that I was gone for so long."

"Tom, is the toast on fire?!"

A/N

So, I have decided to finish Matilda's story in this book. I know I finished her book with an epilogue but, ever story needs the possibility of a happy ending.

Rock on beauties 🤘